Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, spinach, wild greens & feta greek pie (a.k.a. spanakopita). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Spinach, Wild Greens & Feta Greek Pie (a.k.a. Spanakopita) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Spinach, Wild Greens & Feta Greek Pie (a.k.a. Spanakopita) is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook spinach, wild greens & feta greek pie (a.k.a. spanakopita) using 10 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spinach, Wild Greens & Feta Greek Pie (a.k.a. Spanakopita):
- Make ready 7 - 8 spring onions
- Take 300 g spinach (fresh or frozen)
- Take 300 g edible wild greens (dipped in boiling water for five minutes and strained well)
- Make ready 4-5 tbsp dill finelly chopped
- Prepare 1 tbsp mint dried
- Make ready 1/2 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/2 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- Take 250 g feta cheese
- Prepare 100 ml olive oil (app.)
- Take 1 dose Greek phyllo ver. 3 (click on the link above and learn how to prepare them)
Instructions to make Spinach, Wild Greens & Feta Greek Pie (a.k.a. Spanakopita):
- With a sharp knife, cut the spring onions into thin slices.
- In a pan, heat 50ml of olive oil and sauté the spring onions for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the spinach and stir until it's completely thawed (if using frozen) or for about 5min if using fresh. All the liquids from the spinach should evaporate.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the dill, the mint, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Crumble the feta cheese and mix it with the greens. Set aside to cool completely.
- Take the first stack of disks out of the fridge.
- You'll need a round baking pan, 38cm/15 inches in diameter.
- Flour your bench and roll out a round pastry sheet, 10cm/4 inches bigger than your pan.
- Brush your pan with olive oil.
- Wrap the sheet around the rolling pin and transfer it to the pan.
- Unwrap carefully and arrange it with your hands, so that the sides of the pan are evenly covered.
- Press the edges with your rolling pin and trim the excess dough. Cut it in smaller pieces and use them for a second layer.
- Spread the filling all over the surface.
- If you find that the filling is too wet, add two tbsps of semolina and mix well. This will suck all the excess moisture. Otherwise you'll end up with soft and soggy pastry sheets.
- If you end up with leftover filling, put it in a container and keep it in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Take the second stack of disks out of the fridge and roll out another round sheet, 38cm/15inches in diameter.
- Transfer it and cover the filling.
- Pinch the edges to seal and decorate the pie.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Take a knife and carefully cut the pie into pieces but not all the way to the bottom! This way, you're creating vents, to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake in a preheated oven, at 200°C/400°F for 45min, low position, until it's golden brown.
- Don't cover the pie until it's completely cooled, if you want the sheets to stay crunchy!
You should have several superfoods in your diet daily. To start with, beans are great, and berries, particularly blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole food grains, and oats, along with a mix of nuts, mainly walnuts. See to it that you eat proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By consuming these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any weight problems. Observing a green living meal plan will provide you with exactly what you need to be healthy. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system gets healthier. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices today.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food spinach, wild greens & feta greek pie (a.k.a. spanakopita) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!