Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, vegetarian aubergine & chickpea masala pies with cucumber and mint dip 🌱 (plant based swaps). One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook vegetarian aubergine & chickpea masala pies with cucumber and mint dip 🌱 (plant based swaps) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Aubergine & Chickpea Masala Pies with Cucumber and Mint Dip 🌱 (plant based swaps):
- Take 1 tablespoon veg oil
- Get 1 sheet ready rolled puff pasty
- Take 1 pack Spice Tailor Chickpea Masala
- Take 1/2 aubergine chopped into small cubes
- Take Pinch black onion seeds
- Make ready Egg or milk for pasty wash (use coconut oil for plant based swap 🌱)
- Prepare Dip ingredients
- Make ready 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt (use soya yogurt for plant based swap🌱)
- Take 1 tablespoon cucumber - small diced
- Make ready Pinch sea salt
- Prepare 2 teaspoons mint sauce
Instructions to make Vegetarian Aubergine & Chickpea Masala Pies with Cucumber and Mint Dip 🌱 (plant based swaps):
- Pre heat oven to 180deg C - Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the aubergine for a few minutes on a medium heat till slightly crispy on the edges.
- Add in your spice tailor spice sachet and fry gently til fragrant
- Add in the base sauce sachet, stir to combine and heat til bubbling - Now pour on the main sauce sachet with the chick peas in.
- Add 50ml water, stir to combine and simmer on a low/medium heat for 10 minutes so the sauce reduces slightly - Leave the mixture to cool down for 10 minutes.
- Cut your pasty sheet into 6 or 8 equal pieces, brush the edges with egg or milk.
- Place the chickpea masala mix into the centre of half of the pastry sections you have cut out (the other half will be the lids)
- Drape over the other half of the pasty sheets and crimp the edges with a fork to seal - Brush over the top with your egg wash, sprinkle with black onion seed and cut a couple of slits to let steam escape.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 25 minutes or until golden and hot. - - Serve with my - quick mint & cucumber dip. Simply combine all the dip ingredients in a small bowl - Easy peasy!
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. To sum up, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food vegetarian aubergine & chickpea masala pies with cucumber and mint dip 🌱 (plant based swaps) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!