Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, turkey croquettes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have turkey croquettes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey Croquettes:
- Take 1 pound ground turkey or minced leftover cooked turkey
- Get 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Prepare 1/4 cup finely minced celery
- Get 1 tablespoons dried onion (rehydrated)
- Make ready 1/2 can carrots finely minced
- Get 1 tablespoon parsley
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. salt (if desired)
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Get 2 egg whites or 1/3 cup egg substitute
- Make ready 1/2 cup breadcrumbs for coating
- Take Pure olive oil for frying
Steps to make Turkey Croquettes:
- Combine all ingedients (except oil and the 1/2 cup breadcrumbs used for coating) in a large bowl. Mix well. Make sure to rehydrate the onions before adding to mixture.
- Scoop out 1/3 cup portions, make a ball then press them down onto the rest of the breadcrumbs to make a small thick patty. Place aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degress. Heat oil in a sauté pan. Brown each croquette on both sides cooking through, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Place browned croquettes on a cookie sheet or pan and bake for another 15 minutes or so. This will crisp them up and put a nice crust on them while you make your side dish or gravy.
- Serve covered with your favorite packaged or canned turkey gravy or even country gravy.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time. Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food turkey croquettes recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!