Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, vitello tonnato. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have vitello tonnato using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vitello Tonnato:
- Prepare 1 kg Veal round
- Make ready 1 stalk Celery
- Prepare 1 Carrot
- Get 1 Golden onions
- Take 1 clove garlic
- Take 250 g White Wine
- Get 1.5 l Water
- Get 3 Cloves garlic
- Take 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Black peppercorns
- Make ready 2 pinches Salt up to
- Prepare For the sauce
- Take 2 Eggs
- Get 100 g Drained tuna in oil
- Take 3 Fillets anchovies in oil
- Get 5 Salted capers
Steps to make Vitello Tonnato:
- To prepare the vitello tonnato, start by cleaning the vegetables that will be used to cook the meat. Wash them, then peel the carrot and trim it, cut it into pieces.Then remove the ends from the celery and cut it into pieces as well. Peel the onion and divide it into two parts Gradually collect the ingredients in a bowl and add whole garlic, without shirt.
- Clean the meat by removing any cartilage and strands of fat. In a large pot, place the piece of round, the cut vegetables, 2-3 cloves and the black peppercorns
- Pour the white wine and then the water to cover everything. Add two pinches of salt and then the oil
- Turn on the stove and wait for it to boil, then gradually remove the foam that will emerge on the surface. Then close the lid and lower the heat slightly, letting it cook for about 40-45 minutes: remembering that for every 500 g of meat it takes about 30 minutes of cooking. The important thing is that the core of the meat does not exceed 65 °, to be measured with a kitchen thermometer
- Once the piece of meat is cooked, drain it and let it cool completely Then remove the pepper and cloves
- Recover 1/3 of the broth obtained and let it reduce over high heat for about ten minutes. The remaining part of the meat broth will be useful for other preparations, such as risotto when cooked, drain the vegetables into a container Meanwhile, prepare the hard-boiled eggs. In a saucepan with plenty of cold water, dip the fresh eggs. Turn on the stove and from the moment of boiling count 9 minutes
- When they are firm, drain and rinse them under cold water. Once cooled, peel and cut into four parts Add the egg wedges in the bowl with the vegetables add the drained tuna too
- Anchovies in oil and desalted capers (you can desalt them by rinsing them under running fresh water) finally add a little broth Use the hand blender (possibly the classic mixer is fine too) and add more broth as needed
- Blend until smooth and of the consistency of your choice. The meat should now be completely cold. Slice it thinly with a smooth-bladed knife. Arrange the slices in a serving dish and pour the cream into the middle. Finally, decorate with the caper fruits, some whole and some cut in half and your vitello tonnato sauce is ready.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food vitello tonnato recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!