Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, apple and walnut slice. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Made with crisp fall apples and the most delicious tangy balsamic vinaigrette. I love Gala apples for their crunch and mild flavor.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook apple and walnut slice using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Apple and walnut slice:
- Prepare For the Dough:
- Prepare 300 g (10.5 oz) self raising flour
- Take 150 g (5.3 oz) icing sugar
- Make ready 80 g (2.8 oz) butter
- Take 1 egg
- Get pinch salt
- Prepare 1 tsp baking powder
- Make ready 3 tbsp milk
- Prepare For the filling:
- Get 600 g (1.3 lb) apple (peeled and grated)
- Prepare 100 g (3.5 oz) raisin
- Take 100 g (3.5 oz) walnut (coarsely ground)
- Take 3 tbs sugar
- Make ready 1 tsp cinnamon
- Take 1 egg (beaten) to brush pastry with
- Get Icing sugar for dusting
Instructions to make Apple and walnut slice:
- To make the dough, mix all ingredients in a large bowl, turn the dough out on to a floured surface and Knead it until it is nice and smooth. Divide into two, cover with clingfilm and let it rest in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Prepare apples: peel and grate apples add sugar, raisins and cinnamon mix well and let it rest. Line baking tray with parchment paper. Roll out your pastry to about 4-5 mm thick, sprinkle with grated walnut.
- Gently squeeze apple juice out and spread it out on top of walnut.
- Roll out the second pastry and place it on top, prick with fork and brush with beaten egg, bake for 25 minutes. Carry out a pin test, if pin comes out clean it is ready. Let it cool down before slicing. Enjoy.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be good for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
This apple walnut salad is the perfect combo of sweet and savory. Made with crisp fall apples and the most delicious tangy balsamic vinaigrette. Apples - you can use your favorite type of apples. I love Gala apples for their crunch and mild flavor. Make sure to slice them right before serving so they. Apple walnut crumble slice is filled with Australian Granny Smith apples and topped with a cinnamon and nutmeg laced walnut crumble. This apple walnut crumble slice isn't too difficult or time consuming if you are using a food processor. The base falls into the crunchy category and is biscuit in. You don't need an apple wedger. Frankly, I find them to be annoying and the slices are always too big and the core is not ever in the same place anyway and you end up with a mess. Try a fresh twist on the classic pasta salad with a tangy, veggie yogurt-based dressing, plus apples, walnuts and chickpeas. Apples give this apple walnut salad an amazing crunchy kick, the walnuts add some depth, and the cranberries balance the salad out with that little extra Or to save time, you can slice the apples beforehand and let them soak in some lemon water before adding them to your salad and re-tossing. There are several ways to slice an apple, with varying degrees of efficiency. Above all, make sure that you remove the core! These Walnut Stuffed Baked Apples are an easy fall treat for a crowd, or a weeknight dessert recipe for one or two. Using melon baller or small spoon, scoop out center and seeds of each apple. Arrange apples, cavity side up, in small baking dish. Apples are available all year around. You can enjoy them as a healthy snack, or bake them in a cake, or even drink them as tea. If you want to giveyour dish a fresh flavor, try put As apples can make other fruit ripen faster, you need to store them separately, so that both can stay fresh and crunchy.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food apple and walnut slice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!