Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, my gran's irish stew and dumplings. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
My Gran's Irish Stew And Dumplings is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. My Gran's Irish Stew And Dumplings is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook my gran's irish stew and dumplings using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make My Gran's Irish Stew And Dumplings:
- Get 4-5 large potatoes
- Take 1 large leek
- Get 3-4 carrots
- Get 200 g lamb mince
- Make ready 2-3 bay leaves
- Take 2-3 cloves
- Take 500 ml hot meat stock
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Take Dumplings :
- Get 100 g self raising flour
- Get 50 g cold butter
- Prepare Sprinkle of herbs of your choice
- Take Sprinkle of cold water
Steps to make My Gran's Irish Stew And Dumplings:
- Bring large pot of water to the boil. Chop and add the leek. Add bay leaves and cloves. Simmer for about 1 hour
- Add hot stock (water will have reduced a little bit). Peel potatoes and carrots. Put them in. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes
- Brown mince, don't use oil. Drain excess fat and add it in. Continue simmering for another 15-20 minutes.
- Make dumplings. Add herbs and cold butter to flour. Rub with your fingers until you get breadcrumbs. Add a sprinkle of cold water and mix until the dough is sticky
- Using a teaspoon, dump the dumplings in the stew. Simmer for about another 20-30 minutes. Add salt to taste
- Serve and enjoy 😊
These changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food my gran's irish stew and dumplings recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!