Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, rustic loaf. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have rustic loaf using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Rustic Loaf:
- Make ready For the sponge:
- Take 225 ml warm water
- Get 1 tsp fast action yeast
- Make ready 175 g strong white bread flour
- Take 1 tsp sugar
- Take For the dough:
- Make ready 100 g strong white flour
- Take 75 g granary flour (or wholemeal, or spelt)
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 25 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- Make ready Olive oil for kneading
Instructions to make Rustic Loaf:
- Make the sponge by mixing the warm water with the sugar, then adding to the 175 g white flour. Stir to mix, then cover and leave to stand for 2 hours, after which the surface should be covered with bubbles.
- In another bowl mix the two flours and the salt. Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until you have an even breadcrumb texture.
- Add the flour and butter mixture to the bubbly sponge and mix in. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to an oiled work surface and stretch or push it into a rectangle then pull the top half to stretch it, fold it back on itself, fold the bottom half over, give it a quarter turn and repeat four more times. You could also just lightly knead it for a few minutes. Place it back in the bowl, oil it first, cover and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the kneading, stretching, folding routine then cover and leave for 30 minutes. By this time the dough should be pliable and spongy. Knead and fold over again then leave for another 30 minutes.
- Stretch, fold a few times again, then mould into shape and place in a proving basket if you have one, or in a buttered tin, or on an oiled baking tray. Leave to rise for 1 hour, or until increased in size by half.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Tip the risen dough onto the oiled tray, slash the top with a serrated knife, flick some flour over the top and quickly place in the oven. After 10 minutes reduce the heat to 180°C/Gas 4 and bake for another 20-25 minutes. My loaf needed another 10 minutes after this.
- It's baked when it's golden all over and sounds hollow when you tap the bottom. Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing, slathering with butter and jam and eating with a post dog walk cup of tea!
Your daily diet must have at least a few of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Add some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole grains are a couple of other superfoods to add. Additionally, you have to include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. You will enjoy great health as you choose to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food rustic loaf recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!