Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, mike's southwestern ceviche. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Perfect for the start of football season! Mike's Southwestern Ceviche Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook mike's southwestern ceviche using 42 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Southwestern Ceviche:
- Make ready ● For The Seafood
- Make ready 2 (16 oz) Bags EX Large Shrimp [dethawed if frozen- peeled - deveined - tails removed]
- Take 2 (16 oz) Bags Steamed Imitation Crab Meat [aka white fish or pollock - left in large chunks - do not use real crab meat]
- Get 1 (16 oz) Bag Raw Small Scallops [dethawed if frozen]
- Make ready 10 oz Fresh Raw Tuna [dethawed if frozen - chopped into small cubes]
- Make ready ● For The Vegetables & Fruits
- Prepare 1 Cup EX LG EX Firm Tomato [de-seeded - chopped]
- Make ready 2 Cups EX Firm Cucumbers [peeled - de-seeded]
- Get 1 Cup Green Bell Peppers [de-seeded - small chopped]
- Take 1/2 Cup Yellow Bell Pepper [de-seeded - small chopped]
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Red Bell Pepper [de-seeded - small chopped]
- Get 1/2 Cup Orange Bell Pepper [de-seeded - small chopped]
- Make ready 1 Cup Celery [small chopped - with leaves]
- Take 1 Cup Sweet Vidalia Onion [small chopped]
- Get 1 Cup Red Onion [small chopped]
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Green Onions [small chopped]
- Take 1 Cup Radishes [sliced]
- Prepare 1 Cup Jalapeños [fine minced]
- Make ready 1 Cup Anaheim Green Chilies [small chopped]
- Make ready 1 Medium Lime Juiced + Zest [+ 1/4 cup lime juice reserved]
- Prepare 1 Medium Lemon Juiced + Zest
- Prepare 1 Medium Orange Juiced + Zest
- Make ready 1 LG Bunch Cilantro Leaves [chopped - no stems]
- Prepare 1 LG Bunch Parsley Leaves [chopped - no stems]
- Take ● For The Juices, Herbs & Seasonings
- Take 1 tbsp Mexican Or Traditional Saffron Threads [your secret ingredient!]
- Prepare to taste Tabasco Sauce [we use at least a half bottle]
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp Fine Minced Garlic
- Take 1 tbsp Worshestershire Sauce
- Get 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp Mexican Oregeno [crushed]
- Make ready 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Make ready 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- Get 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Make ready as needed Chilled Clamato Juice [shaken]
- Make ready 1 Good Splash Chilled Spicy V8 Juice [shaken]
- Take ● For The Sides
- Make ready as needed Saltine Crackers
- Make ready as needed Other Quality Crackers [like roasted garlic triskets]
- Make ready as needed Sturdy Tortilla Chips
- Take as needed Fresh Flour Tortillas
- Make ready as needed Fresh Firm Avocado Slices
Instructions to make Mike's Southwestern Ceviche:
- Here's what you'll need. Use only the most crisp, chilled, fresh vegetables, juices and seafood you can find. In fact, overly firm, crisp vegetables is exactly what you're looking for.
- Place your chopped onions, jalapeños, all bell peppers and Anaheim peppers in a seperate bowl for thirty minutes refrigerated. Add the juice and zest of one lime, one lemon and one orange to both season and cook your hard vegetables.
- Gently mix all vegetables together. Add additional 1/4 cup lime juice.
- Add your Clamato [enough to cover vegetables] and a good splash of Spicy V8 Juice. Also, add all of your seasonings. Again, gently mix well. You don't want to bruise your fresh vegetables.
- Fresh shrimp, scallops, crab meat and tuna dethawed pictured. Tails removed from shrimp. Do not use real crab meat unless you're planning on the entire bowl being consumed in one afternoon or evening sitting. Otherwise, your Ceviche will go south twice as fast. Even while being refrigerated. It will also murk up your broth.
- Imitation Crab Meat pictured. [aka white fish]
- Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil pictured.
- Add all of your vegetables and seafood, plus additional Clamato and Tabasco if needed to fully cover your ingredients.
- Gently fold everything together well. Do not add avocados to your main bowl. Always serve them to the side. Otherwise it will murk up your Ceviche broth. Chill for 3 hours. Know this dish will get better as she rests and chills. Even 3 days later. Gently stir occasionally.
- Serve with quality crackers, flour tortillas, additional Tabasco Sauce, fresh avocado slices and ice cold Mexican beer.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. While you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
Mike's Southwestern Ceviche This is the side of the South you'll want to put in your mouth! Perfect for the start of football season! Especially if served with fresh crackers and ice cold Mexican beer. Mike's Southwestern Ceviche Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, mike's southwestern ceviche. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. Mike's Southwestern Ceviche is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. Here is how you achieve that. You need of For The Seafood. Mike's Garlic Salsa Fresca Or Ceviche I'm always amazed by how versitile, flexible and forgiving this recipe can be, literally on a moments notice. Feel free to make this recipe your own signature Salsa Fresca by adding or subtracting what additions you feel may work best for your families needs. Sure, she'll hurt ya but you're gonna love it! This spicy Ceviche was created for those who aren't exactly fond of raw seafood, even if cooked by citrus. All seafood is pre-steamed so it should tempt those who want to try it to partake. Mike's Southwestern Grilled Chicken Queso Dip step by step. Cube your Velveeta and add your vegetable mixture. Add to cheese mixture only after it's heated since it's already pre-grilled. Perfect for the start of football season! One of our customer wrote a review and posted a picture of our menu on a critics site such a this one.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food mike's southwestern ceviche recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!