Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, o'gratin chicory and ham. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious. Take your chicory out of the pan and wrap each piece in a slice of ham. Wrap each head of chicory in a slice of ham and put in a fireproof dish , pour the sauce over, top with breadcrumbs and the remaining cheese, dot with a few pieces of butter, and put under the grill until.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook o'gratin chicory and ham using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make O'gratin chicory and ham:
- Make ready 6 chicory ( endives)
- Take 6 medium thickness slices of ham ( salty regular pink ham not honey roasted or smoked)
- Make ready 1 whole liquid cream small pack ( 20 cl)
- Make ready 1 Comté type grated cheese small pack , about 125 g (important that it is Comté,
- Prepare 1 Emmental or Gruyere can be used too but Comté is way more tasty).
- Prepare 1 table spoon butter, olive oil, Vegeta (optional) salt and pepper.
Instructions to make O'gratin chicory and ham:
- Wash well the endives under water, dry them.
- Heat up a table spoon of butter and a dash of olive oil in a frying pan (medium heat) and roast endives, after a few minutes turn them over and roast other side. Add salt and pepper and a pinch of Vegeta ( it's a kind of broth powder that gives taste you can use vegetable stock cube instead but crumble it with your fingers first) if you have some, on each endives. Then cover and let the endives soften and cook at small heat about 1/2 hour. (If they run dry you can add half a glass of water, to keep juice in the pan)
- Let te endives cool down on a plate and poor the juice into a large gratin oven dish. Pre-heat oven about 200 ° C (Celcius) for 10 minutes. At the same time roll up each endive in a slice of ham and place them one next to the other in the gratin dish. When they are setted nicely, pour over the liquid cream around and on top of them. Add pepper and scatter grated Comté cheese on the 6 hamed endives.
- Put in oven for about 25-30 minutes , if the gratin is not golden enough you can end up with 1 or 2 minutes oven grill option ( but always keep an eye on it all the time, it darkens very quickly)
- Enjoy with plain white or brown rice.
Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your diet every day. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Then, add several green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other superfoods to add. In addition, you need to consume yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any weight gain problems. Observing a green living meal plan will give you precisely what you need for good health. You will see that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to fend off disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by altering your food choices today.
Roll up the ham slices tightly and place in a lightly greased shallow ovenproof dish. Wrap each head of chicory in a slice of ham and put in a fireproof dish , pour the sauce over, top with breadcrumbs and the remaining cheese, dot with a few pieces of butter, and put under the grill until. Pastry: wheat flour, salt, butter, egg yolks, water, yeast. Take your chicory out of the pan and wrap each piece in a slice of ham. Put each wrapped piece in an ovenproof dish. Sami, France U can replace chicory with any other veg e.g. Broccoli, leeks, etc., and in France it's called gratin. chicory rolled in ham 'chicon gratin', a typically Belgian oven dish served with mashed potatos. A classic Belgian dish, chicons au gratin, lightened up with a Greek yoghurt Mornay sauce. Roll the sautéed endives in a slice of ham and place seam-side down in the prepared baking dish. Pour over the Mornay sauce, covering the endives completely. Belgian Endive and Ham Gratin can be served on its own as a hefty starter. As a main course, it is often accompanied by potatoes, being Belgian, some pommes frites would be an obvious choice, although I find they go very nicely with either mashed or even just plain steamed potatoes which are. Chicory is a popular vegetable in the Netherlands and eaten a lot in wintertime. This is one of the most popular ways of preparing chicory, wrapped in ham and covered with cheese. Common chicory (Cichorium intybus) is a somewhat woody, perennial herbaceous plant of the dandelion family Asteraceae, usually with bright blue flowers, rarely white or pink. Many varieties are cultivated for salad leaves, chicons (blanched buds), or roots (var. sativum), which are baked, ground. Place the ham rolled chicory in an ovenproof dish. To make the cheese sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan, take off the heat and add the flour Lastly, add the rest of the grated Gruyere to the sauce (and Sbrinz cheese if you are using that too) stir, and then pour the sauce over the ham rolled chicorys. To assemble the gratin, fold the ham slices in half and arrange one chicory head on each slice. Pack tightly in the gratin dish on top of the chard.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food o'gratin chicory and ham recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!