Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, spanish style braised lamb shanks. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spanish Style Braised lamb shanks is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Spanish Style Braised lamb shanks is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have spanish style braised lamb shanks using 28 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spanish Style Braised lamb shanks:
- Prepare 16 ounces Lamb shanks , apiece 2
- Get 1 1/2 Tablespoons paprika Spanish
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- Make ready 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- Get 1 Tablespoon Guajillo chilli powder
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon black pepper
- Get 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Make ready 2 Olive oil
- Take 4 Cloves Garlic , sliced
- Take 1 Spanish onion , ordered
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons Tomato paste
- Make ready 1/2 Tablespoon Oregano
- Get 8 guajillo peppers , cored , speeded and rehydrated
- Take 3/4 Madeira wine
- Get 1 Lemon
- Take 14.5 Ounces tomatoes Crushed
- Take 4 Ounces Dark chocolate , chopped
- Make ready 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Make ready 1/2 Cup breadcrumbs Fresh
- Get 1/2 Cup almonds Toasted
- Make ready 8 Tomatillos
- Prepare 1 Serrano chilli
- Get 1 Onion
- Make ready 8 - 10 carrots Baby
- Prepare 2 Poblano peppers
- Take 1 Lime
- Take Cilantro
- Make ready 2 tbs Crema , garnish
Instructions to make Spanish Style Braised lamb shanks:
- Pat each shank dry with a paper towel. Mix all spices in a small bowl. Rub each generously with olive oil, and coat liberally on all sides with mixture.
- Set aside to rest for 30 min. allowing shanks to come fully to room temperature. Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed Dutch oven and sear shanks on all sides. Remove and reserve on a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sauté onion and green pepper for 2 minutes on medium heat until almost translucent, add the sliced garlic, for an additional minute. Reduce the heat, add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, cook for another minute or so stirring constantly
- Deglaze the pan with Madeira wine, scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon. Add the chili. Remove the seeds from the lemon, and squeeze into the sauce, bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 3 to 4 min. and add crushed tomatoes and olives and in a separate pan, begin dry toasting the almonds. Return shanks to the Dutch oven reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Cook for two hours. At two hours, pour off 1/2 cups of cooking liquid, and skim the fat. Add to blender along with toasted almonds, breadcrumbs, and chocolate. Pour into to medium saucepan over low heat.
- Place all ingredients for the Chile Verde Salsa in a roasting pan and toss with oilive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Roast in a 450° oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove and cool. Place all ingredients In a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Cook the shanks 45 more minutes on low heat. During that time prepare yellow rice. and slice avocado. Carefully remove the shanks from the pot, they will easily fall apart removes the olives as well
- Skim off remaining fat from cooking liquid and add to blender, leaving a corner vented,pulse a few times quickly to avoid pressure build up. Combine with almond chocolate mixture and whisk together.
- Plate each shank against the rice, and spoon Chile sauce on one side and Mole on the the other, garnish with a dollop of Crema and a spring of cilantro, drizzle the avocado with ollive oil and lemon juice and serve.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food spanish style braised lamb shanks recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!