Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, grilled rib-eye steaks with mouth-on-fire salsa. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks With Mouth-on-fire Salsa is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks With Mouth-on-fire Salsa is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook grilled rib-eye steaks with mouth-on-fire salsa using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks With Mouth-on-fire Salsa:
- Get Salsa
- Get 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Get 2 Dried chiles de arbol
- Take 8 large Tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- Take 3 medium Heirloom tomatoes
- Make ready 2 Red jalapeño peppers
- Prepare 1 Green jalapeño pepper
- Get 1 bunch Scallions, trimmed
- Get Kosher salt
- Get Vegetable oil, for the grill
- Take 2 clove Garlic
- Take 1 cup Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare 1 Juice of lemon
- Make ready Steaks
- Prepare 4 Boneless rib-eye steaks (12 oz each)
- Make ready 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Get Kosher salt and black pepper
- Prepare Special Equipment
- Make ready 3 cup Hickory wood chips, soaked in cold water for 1 hour
- Make ready 1 Smoker wood chip box or 9-13 inch aluminum-foil pan (for gas)
Steps to make Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks With Mouth-on-fire Salsa:
- Make the salsa: prepare a grill for high heat. In a small heavy skillet, combine the olive oil and chilies De Arbole and cook over medium heat, about four minutes, or until the chiles are toasted and beginning to blacken. Remove the chiles and set aside. Allow the chile oil to cool slightly.
- On a large baking sheet, toss the tomatillos, tomatoes, jalapeños and scallions with the chile oil and season with salt. Lightly oil the grill grates with vegetable oil, place the vegetables on the grill and close the lid. Cook the vegetables, turning only once, until they are blackened as much as possible; don't stress out if the tomatoes and Tomatillos break open and begin to fall apart - it's a sign that they're cooked through. Aim for these cooking times: eight minutes per side for the tomatoes and tomatillos, about six minutes per side for the jalapeños and about three minutes per side for the scallions. Using tongues, transfer the vegetables to the baking sheet and let cool slightly. Meanwhile, let the steaks stand at room temperature, 30 minutes.
- Trim the stems from the jalapeños and remove the seeds, if desired. Do not remove the charred skins. In a blender, combine the blackened vegetables, The garlic, cilantro, lemon juice and the toasted chiles de arbol and blend until smooth. Season the salsa to taste with salt. (you will have about 5 cups salsa; it will keep for up to five days, stored airtight in the refrigerator.)
- Make the steaks: reduce the grill heat to medium high. For a gas grill, spread the drained Woodchips in the smoker box and close it; alternatively, spread the woodchips in the foil pan. Place the Smokebox or foil pan on a lit burner. For a charcoal grill, sprinkle the drained wood chips over the hot coals.
- Coat the steaks with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. When you see the woodchips beginning to smoke, set the steaks on the grill grate and grill them 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until the meat feels only slightly resilient when pressed with a fingertip, for medium rare. Transfer the steaks to a carving board and let rest, uncovered, about five minutes. Serve the steaks with the salsa.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food grilled rib-eye steaks with mouth-on-fire salsa recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!