Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, whiskey smoked tri-tip sandwhich. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Whiskey Smoked Tri-Tip Sandwhich is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Whiskey Smoked Tri-Tip Sandwhich is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook whiskey smoked tri-tip sandwhich using 30 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Whiskey Smoked Tri-Tip Sandwhich:
- Get TRI-TIP
- Get cut of Tri-Tip
- Get Kosher Salt
- Prepare Black Pepper
- Make ready Unsalted Butter
- Get Sub rolls or hamburger buns
- Make ready BBQ Sauce (Based on Aaron Franklin's Recipe)
- Make ready beef tallow (vegetable oil for a vegan option to share)
- Get white onion roughly cut
- Make ready garlic cloves roughly cut
- Take light brown sugar
- Make ready organic ketchup
- Make ready kosher salt
- Take pepper
- Take Apple Cider Vinegar
- Make ready mustard powder
- Make ready smoke paprika
- Take Worcestershire Sauce
- Get Whiskey Basting Sauce
- Prepare BBQ sauce from previous section
- Get your favorite Bourbon/Whiskey (preferably American)
- Prepare Cookware
- Prepare Smoker loaded with your favorite smoke flavor (hickory here)
- Prepare Sauce Pan
- Make ready large bowl with an airtight lid
- Prepare small bowl
- Prepare Basting brush
- Make ready SUB: Oven if you do not have a smoker (needs a cooling rack)
- Make ready Blender
- Make ready Cast Iron Fry Pan or Cast Iron Skillet
Instructions to make Whiskey Smoked Tri-Tip Sandwhich:
- Grab your Tri-Tip and spread an even coating of Kosher, make sure to cover every side. Does not need to be the full cup, be cautious of over salting meat. This step is important in creating the dry brine. After you have salted, spread an even layer of pepper on the meat, make sure to cover every side.
- Place seasoned Tri-Tip on a cooling rack or on a cookie tray under plastic wrap (cooling rack does not need this) inside of the refrigerator for about 2.5 hours (Do this overnight or start earlier in the morning for more flavorful meat).
- Heat your saucepan under medium-high heat. Once heated drop the 2tbsp of beef tallow, vegetable oil, or other fat into your pan. Quickly pour your chopped onions in after. Cook for 6 minutes or until Onions are translucent.
- Once your onions are translucent. Drop you chopped garlic cloves into your sauce pan and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- After the 4 minutes is up, you then put in your 1 cup of light brown sugar and begin stirring with a plastic or wooden spoon. You keep stirring your sugar until it caramelizes and becomes like a glaze.
- Drop your ketchup, mustard powder, salt, pepper, and smoke paprika at this time and begin stirring until you notice a color change then bring it up to a simmer. Let sit in this state for 5 minutes or until the sauce is thick.
- After the sauce has thickened, stir in your Worcestershire sauce. Once stirred in, let the sauce simmer for one more minute.
- Transfer sauce into blender and blend on high until all of the onions and garlic has been blended into the sauce. Pour sauce into the large bowl with an airtight lid, seal it and let it sit out until it has cooled to room temperature.
- After about 2 hours of waiting, begin warming up your smoker/oven to about 275°F. While your smoker/oven is heating up, pull your Tri-Tip from the refrigerator and let it begin warming up to room temp for the next 15-30 minutes (often times this isnt enough to raise the temp of the meat straight out of the fridge but it is alright to put it in between this time frame).
- Once your smoker/oven is warm and your meat has warmed up in the open for about 15-30 minutes, put the Tri-Tip in your smoker/oven. I recommended cooking the Tri-Tip on a cooling rack in your oven with tinfoil on the bottom of the oven in order to ensure that it is cooked evenly around. An issue that is not held by conventional smokers.
- Maintain the temperature at about 250°F for the next hour and do not open the cooking chamber.
- After maintaining temps for an hour, without opening your cook chamber, begin ramping the temperatures up to 275°F. Once you ramp your temperatures, head back to your now cool BBQ sauce and take out 5 tbsp and place them into your small bowl. Reseal your large bowl and place in fridge. Take your small bowl and pour about 1 shot of your favorite bourbon/whiskey in and mix. You now have your bourbon/whiskey BBQ basting sauce.
- When the internal temperature of the biggest part of the Tri-Tip hits the internal temperature of 100°F (about 1.5 hours of cooking) begin basting your Tri-Tip with your Bourbon/Whiskey BBQ sauce that you just made and dont be afraid to apply a liberal coating.
- Once your done with that let the Tri-Tip continue cooking for about another 30 minutes at 275°F.
- Once you hit the 2 hour mark or start getting within 10-7°F of the internal temperature that you want, begin heating up your cast iron fry pan/skillet on your stove and place the heat on high.
- Right before you pull your Tri-Tip out of the smoker/oven, drop 1 tbsp of unsalted butter into your pan. Remove your Tri-Tip and begin cooking all sides of it (butter should be melted by now).
- The Tri-Tip should spend, at most, 1 minute on each side in order to give it a nice sear and crust. Once all sides are done, baste with butter for 30 seconds and then take off.
- Allow meat to rest for at least 15 minutes. This allows the meat to finish cooking as well as buying you time to finish any sides you may have yet to finish.
- Serve with Tri-Tip itself on the bun or with a dab of BBQ sauce on the top bun. My favorite way to eat it is to place coleslaw on top of the meat with a dab of BBQ sauce on the top bun. Use the BBQ sauce you made as the pepper should pair nicely with the savory taste that the whiskey and smoke bring. If you try it with coleslaw, it brings a cool element and really helps balance out the flavors even more.
- Enjoy! Remember you can store your homemade sauce I fride for upto a month.
Your daily diet should contain at least some of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Then, try to add some green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a couple of other foods to include. Furthermore, you need to eat yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should get rid of any weight gain problems. You will enjoy good health once you decide to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can become disease free. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits right now.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food whiskey smoked tri-tip sandwhich recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!