Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, banana custard banoffee pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have banana custard banoffee pie using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Banana Custard Banoffee Pie:
- Make ready For the base
- Make ready 300 g milk chocolate digestives
- Get 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- Take For the caramel
- Take 100 g unsalted butter
- Take 100 g dark brown soft sugar
- Prepare 1 (397 g) tin sweetened condensed milk
- Make ready For the banana custard
- Make ready 1 banana
- Take 250 ml full fat milk
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Get 2 egg yolks
- Make ready 45 g caster sugar
- Prepare 25 g plain flour
- Get 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Make ready For the topping
- Prepare 1 banana
- Prepare 300 ml whipping cream, whipped
Steps to make Banana Custard Banoffee Pie:
- Crush your biscuits (you can use ordinary digestives if you prefer) and add the melted butter to them. Combine thoroughly. Spread the mix all over the base of a 23cm deep fluted loose bottom pie/flan tin or similar tin. Press down firmly and into the sides. Put it into the fridge to firm up whilst you prepare your caramel.
- Put the butter and dark brown sugar into a saucepan and melt over a low heat. Only do this so that the sugar dissolves. Add in the condensed milk. Stirring constantly, let it come to a simmer and keep stirring for 6 to 8 minutes so that it thickens up and goes a rich, dark, golden colour. Remove from the heat and immediately pour into your biscuit base. Smooth it all over the base, trying to keep an even, level surface. Pop back into the fridge to cool.
- Now onto the banana custard. Mash up your banana and put it to one side. Measure out 200ml of the milk and add the vanilla extract to it. Pop it into the microwave for 1 minute. This should get it hot but not boiling – that’s how you want it. In a bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until they’re pale in colour and fluffy. Add the flour and cornflour to that and whisk again until you get a thick but smooth consistency. Add the remaining 50ml of cold milk and whisk that in.
- Now add this mixture to the warm milk and put it all in a saucepan, making sure it’s all whisked together first. Put on a low heat and stir constantly for 6 to 8 minutes until it thickens up. Do not let it boil! Remove from the heat, stir in your mashed banana.
- Remove the tin with the biscuit base and caramel from the fridge and add the banana custard to the top, spreading over the caramel layer evenly (ensure, of course, that the caramel layer has cooled and set first). Pop in the fridge again to cool for about 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Finally, slice up a banana. Randomly place over the top of the banana custard and then spread your whipped cream over the top of the lot. Decorate the top of the cream in whatever way you like. Some people dust with cocoa powder, some with crushed chocolate (I used a chocolate topping). Enjoy your banana custard banoffee pie – and you will!
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. While you may already consume lots of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Obviously, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food banana custard banoffee pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!