Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, acorn squash and chickpea stew over couscous with feta and mint. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook acorn squash and chickpea stew over couscous with feta and mint using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Acorn Squash and Chickpea Stew over Couscous with Feta and Mint:
- Make ready 1 small acorn squash, peeled and cubed
- Prepare 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Make ready 1 small onion, diced
- Get 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Make ready 1 tsp cumin, ground
- Take 2 tsp coriander, ground
- Get 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Prepare 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- Take 1 Kosher salt, to taste
- Get 1 Black pepper, to taste
- Prepare 2 Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Get 2 cup chickpeas, cooked
- Get 6 cup water, divided
- Get 1 1/2 cup Israeli couscous
- Prepare 1 tbsp butter
- Make ready 3 sprigs fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Get 1 1/2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
Instructions to make Acorn Squash and Chickpea Stew over Couscous with Feta and Mint:
- Using a large chef’s knife, cut off the blossom end and bottom of the acorn squash. The squash should sit flat on your cutting board. Remove the tough outer skin by cut- ting around the meat of the vegetable and rotating the squash. Cut the squash in half. Remove seeds and inner pulp with a kitchen spoon. Slice the squash into pieces length-wise. Take each slice of squash and cut into chunks.
- Heat a medium-large saucepot over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion and garlic, cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes. Turn heat down to medium-low, add spices, salt and pepper. Cook while stirring for another 2-3 minutes. Add squash and cook 4-5 minutes while stirring. Turn heat to high. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, then turn down to medium-low, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 3 cups of water and the couscous to a medium saucepot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and stir occasionally. Cook until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat, and season with salt and butter.
- The stew is ready when the squash is tender and the sauce is slightly thickened. If too thick, add a little water. If too thin, cook for 4-5 more minutes. Season the stew with salt and pepper.
- Divide the couscous between two bowls, ladle the stew on top, then finish with mint, remaining olive oil and feta cheese. Enjoy!
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food acorn squash and chickpea stew over couscous with feta and mint recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!