Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, chili bomb chilli. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chili Bomb Chilli is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Chili Bomb Chilli is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chili bomb chilli using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chili Bomb Chilli:
- Make ready 3 dried Ancho chiles, deseeded, toasted, and rehydrated
- Get 3 dried Guajillo chiles, deseeded, toasted, and rehdrated
- Take 1 (14.5 ounce) can of Stewed Tomatoes, Mexican Style
- Get 1/4 tsp salt
- Get 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Prepare 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Make ready 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Make ready 1/4 cup chile soaking liquid
- Take 1 small onion, rough chop
- Get 1 tbs butter
- Make ready 1 1/2 lbs 80/20 ground beef hamburger
- Get 1 chopped onion
- Get 1 Carroll Shelby Chili Kit, chili powder and cayenne only
- Make ready 1 Chili Bomb
- Prepare 2 cans dark red kidney beans
- Get 1 can stewed tomatoes
- Prepare 30 ounces tomato juice
- Take 24 ounces water
- Take to taste Salt and pepper
Steps to make Chili Bomb Chilli:
- First, Prepare the "chili bomb".
- Stem, deseed and toast the anchos and guajillos over a small skillet on med high heat. Add the chiles to hot water around 20 minutes and rehydrate.
- Add the rehydrated chiles to a blender along with the soaking liquid, a small rough chopped onion, a can of Mexican style stewed tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and chili powder. Blend and pulse till smooth paste.
- This is your "chili bomb", and can be prepared the day before or several hours before making the chili
- To prepare the chilli proper, heat a large soup or stockpot over high heat. melt the butter and add the broken up ground beef and a whole medium chopped onion. Brown the beef and sweat the onion together about 7 minutes.
- Add the proprietary chili powder and cayenne from the Carroll Shelby Chili Kit to the ground beef and onion. Bloom the spices, stirring constantly for around a minute.
- Add the prepared "chili bomb" wet paste and stir and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the kidney beans (undrained) and the can of stewed tomatoes (regular). Stir completely.
- Add tomato juice and water, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a rolling boil, lower to a gentle bubbling simmer, and let go for 2 1/2 hours, stirring often.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chili bomb chilli recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!