Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, irish stew. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook irish stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Irish Stew:
- Get 4.5 kg queens potatoes
- Get 3 large carrots
- Take 4 large Onions
- Take 0.7 kg stewing steak
- Get 0.7 kg mince steak
- Prepare Water
- Prepare 5 tbsp Bisto Original
- Make ready Salt
- Make ready Pepper
- Take Block crisp & dry
Instructions to make Irish Stew:
- Wash, peel and chop potatoes, carrots and onions. Dice stewing steak and roll mince steak into balls. Then using your biggest pot, melt some crisp and dry and sear your meat on all sides.
- Add carrots and onions plus sprinkle salt and pepper to your taste. It doesn't pay to be shy with the salt in this dish. Cover with boiling water and bring to boil then reduce to a simmer for 1.5-2 hours. Keep an eye on water level and top up if needed.
- Add potatoes and more salt and pepper. Add boiling water but don't completely cover the potatoes. Allow to cook for another 2 hours on low heat.
- Bring stew to the boil and prepare Bisto by adding it to a mug and fill 2/3 with cold water and ensure all blended before adding it to the stew.
- Stir Bisto through stew and turn down to low heat again and allow to simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
- Some people prefer stew the following day. Store in fridge for 1-2 days and freezer for up to 1 month. Can be reheated well in a microwave.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time. Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food irish stew recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!