Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, my gorgeous braising steak and onion in gravy. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Tender, melt in your mouth pieces of steak positively drenched with the best onion gravy ever, mixed with mushrooms and all spooned on top of creamy mashed potatoes and fresh green vegetables. View full nutritional breakdown of Braised Steak with Mushroom & Onion Gravy calories by ingredient.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook my gorgeous braising steak and onion in gravy using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make My Gorgeous Braising Steak and onion in Gravy:
- Get 4 big pieces of Braising Steak
- Make ready 1 medium sized Onion
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp Black cracked Pepper
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- Take 2 litre Boiling water 3 tbls Worcestershire sauce
- Make ready 3 large Tomatoes chopped
- Get 4 Beef Stock Cubes
- Get 2 Tsp Cornflour mixed in 4 tsps cold water
- Prepare 1 + 1/2 Cup frozen peas or Can of Peas
- Prepare 3 Carrots chopped
- Take Potatoes enough for 4 people boiled and mashed in butter + cream
Steps to make My Gorgeous Braising Steak and onion in Gravy:
- Cut the Braising steak across the grain into long big pieces and fry both sides for about 30 seconds each side
- Then add them to the boiling water in the ovenproof dish add the tomatoes and beef stock cubes and stir to mix
- Also the onions cut into long pieces, then fry for 1 minute Then pepper and salt.ml and add to the steak
- Next the Worcestershire Sauce.
- Cover and Add this to an oven dish and cook high 190 for 10 minutes then lower heat to 150C for 2 Hours
- When the time is up take the dish out the oven and stir in the corn flour and it will go thick if not enough add another TSP cornflour in a little cold water and add that to make it thicker.
- Thick gravy
- Add it back to the oven until your veg and mashed potatoes are cooked and ready.
- Boil Carrots
- Also boil the peas. Iam using sweet peas
- Plate the mash and veg then add the Steak and gravy and pour a little gravy over the mash and enjoy.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently consume a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time. To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
Braised steak and onions is definitely one of those recipes. Tender, melt in your mouth pieces of steak positively drenched with the best onion gravy ever, mixed with mushrooms and all spooned on top of creamy mashed potatoes and fresh green vegetables. Sheer perfection for a cold winter's night! View full nutritional breakdown of Braised Steak with Mushroom & Onion Gravy calories by ingredient. Mix flour, basil and pepper Dredge steak in flour to coat both sides of meat Heat oil in nonstick skillet and brown meat till browned on both sides. "An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in gravy and onions. Remove the beef patties to a plate, and keep warm. Onion Gravy Smothered Steak is a traditional Southern favorite! The steaks are seared to perfection and then topped with a creamy onion gravy. When you're ready to reheat, simply place the steak and gravy in a pan and reheat it on the stove top until the steak is warm. For the best-quality beef at the cheapest prices, opt for braising cuts. Although different cuts are sold as braising steak, some work better than others. Add caramelized onions to the gravy and mix well if using. Add steak back into the mixture, simmer a few minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes or as you If you want caramelized onions in your gravy, start by thin slicing a small onion. Add stock and remaining salt and pepper; bring to a boil. You don't have to be master chef to cook a delicious meal. So, if you agree with me that there is no better meal than some delicious sausages in onion gravy, you have to try this recipe. The sweet taste of the onion gravy goes so wonderfully well here. Add the mushrooms, onion, and thyme and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Sprinkle in the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food my gorgeous braising steak and onion in gravy recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!