Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, hearty pumpkin congee. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
So pumpkin congee is basically the perfect vegan alternative to classic chicken noodle soup. Congee is a very popular staple food in Chinese cuisine.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hearty pumpkin congee using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Hearty Pumpkin Congee:
- Get 3/4 cup rice
- Make ready 7 cup water
- Take 2 chicken thighs
- Take 200 g pork for different texture
- Take 1/2 small size pumpkin
- Prepare 5-6 baby corn
- Make ready 4-6 button portobellos
- Get 3 shitake mushrooms
- Take White pepper
- Take Salt
- Make ready Pickled mustard, 榨菜
- Prepare Soy sauce
- Get Chicken oil or cooked oil
- Take Sesame oil
- Get Corn starch
Instructions to make Hearty Pumpkin Congee:
- Wash and freeze rice. Yes, freezer to accelerate cooking afterwards. Can even make congee for dinner after a long day at work.
- Soak shitake mushrooms.
- Add 7 cups of water, and rice together. 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to rolling boil when covered (small opening to prevent boil over if tight lid). Boil for 40 minutes, stir occasionally, more so towards the end.
- Cut chicken thighs into long narrow strips, 3mm wide x thickness of the thigh. Marinate with soy sauce, white pepper and touch of sesame oil.
- Cut pork into 2x2mm strips, or mince. Marinate with salt, soy sauce, corn starch, touch of cooking oil.
- Cut pumpkin into 1/2 inch cubes. (Smaller if prefer to have more dissolved) Add to congee after 20 minute boil.
- Cut baby corn length-wise into 8ths, then in half.
- Cut shitake mushrooms, pickled mustard, and button portobellos mushrooms into thin strips.
- After boiling the congee for 40 minutes (20 with the pumpkin), or until desired consistency. Add baby corn, shitake, portobellos, and pickled mustard.
- Turn up the heat to a medium-high for a strong boil. Add meats and quickly separate for even cooking. The meats will stop the boiling but will reboil quickly from the high heat. Once reboil turn heat off and cover for 3 minutes.
- Dress with chicken oil or cooked oil. Salt and white pepper to taste. Serve hot!
Your daily diet have to contain at least several of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Next, add several green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a couple of other foods to include. Be sure to eat proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, plus orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. You will enjoy good health as you choose to eat the green living way. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system gets healthier. Prepare for a great future by modifying your eating habits right now.
When east meets west, savoury pumpkin congee rice porridge with corn is born. So pumpkin congee is basically the perfect vegan alternative to classic chicken noodle soup. Pumpkin dessert made in an Asian way, this Korean-Style pumpkin congee makes a great afternoon snack as well as a healthy breakfast with Cheerios. Congee is a very popular staple food in Chinese cuisine. It can be served as staples just like dumplings, steamed rice, Chinese bread and steamed buns. A must try dish for everyone. Perfect for rainy days or if your not feeling well. Congee is a classic Chinese dish, it can be prepared in hundred of ways with different kinds of ingredients. Pumpkin itself is actually a relative nutrient powerhouse: "Pumpkins contain vitamin A and C. Congee or conjee (/ˈkɒndʒi/) is a type of rice porridge or gruel. The word 'congee' itself is a derivation of the Tamil word kañci or kanji. Try these healthy pumpkin recipes instead of your usual fall comfort food fare. In fact, pumpkin has many health benefits! That's why we've rounded up some of our favorite. This easy and healthy vegetable congee recipe is packed with fresh ginger. Korean Pumpkin Porridge (hobak-jook), or Chinese pumpkin congee- make this without the. Congee is also usually served with various toppings, like fried shallots, sliced green onions, pickled mustard cabbage, or a poached egg. These healthy pumpkin pancakes are so easy to make, so tasty, and super fluffy. They are the perfect addition to your weekend weekly family brunch. These healthy soft pumpkin cookies with an addicting salted maple frosting are absolutely delicious!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food hearty pumpkin congee recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!