Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chorizo manchego strata. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chorizo Manchego Strata is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Chorizo Manchego Strata is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chorizo manchego strata using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chorizo Manchego Strata:
- Take 8 cups crusty sourdough bread, preferably day old
- Get 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Take 1 large onion, chopped
- Take 1 lb. spanish chorizo, medium dice
- Get 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Prepare 12 eggs, whisked
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups milk
- Take 1 1/2 cups half and half
- Take 1 tbsp. red chili flakes
- Take 2 cups Manchego cheese, shredded
- Make ready kosher salt
- Make ready freshly ground black pepper
- Make ready any store bought tomatillo salsa, to serve
Steps to make Chorizo Manchego Strata:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f.
- Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until soft. Lower the heat to medium and add the chorizo. After 2 minutes add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, then set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, half and half, chili flakes, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Add the bread and chorizo mixture to the eggs and toss to coat. Press down firmly to coat all of the bread in the egg mixture. Pour into greased baking dish. (At this point you could cover and refrigerate overnight.)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes uncovered, then let stand for 5-10 minutes. Grate the remaining cheese over the top, and serve with tomatillo salsa.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chorizo manchego strata recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!