Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, kabocha squash shumai. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have kabocha squash shumai using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Kabocha Squash Shumai:
- Prepare 150 g ground pork
- Get 250 g kabocha squash, about 1/4 squash
- Prepare 1/4 onion, minced
- Prepare 2 tsp potato starch
- Make ready to taste Salt and pepper
- Make ready 1/2 tsp cinnamon, a little more to taste
- Take 30 sheets shumai wrappers
Steps to make Kabocha Squash Shumai:
- Cut the kabocha into small pieces. Steam about 10-12 minutes until soft.
- Mash the kabocha with a fork.
- Mix all ingredients, adding salt, pepper and cinnamon to taste.
- Scoop out a little filling onto a shumai wrapper, like this.
- Lightly wrap the sides of the wrapper up around the filling and pinch the corners together so the filling stay in.
- Twist the corners a little so it looks like a shuriken (it's a throwing star!!)
- Prepare steamer by lining with parchment paper (poke holes in the paper) or with pieces of cabbage leaves (recommended!).
- Steam shumai about 10 minutes, or until filling is cooked through.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time. As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food kabocha squash shumai recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!