Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chili lime steak fajitas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chili lime steak fajitas using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chili Lime Steak Fajitas:
- Make ready 6 tortillas
- Take 1.75 lbs. Flank Steak, thinly sliced
- Get 3 green peppers, sliced
- Prepare 1 yellow onion, sliced
- Take Marinade:
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Get 1/3 C. Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Make ready 1 tsp. Brown sugar
- Get 3/4 tsp. Red Chili flakes
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. Ground cumin
- Get 1 tsp. Salt
- Get Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- Get 2 C. Greek yoghurt
- Take Zest of 1 lime
- Take Juice of 1 lime
- Get 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Take 1/4 C. Cilantro, chopped
- Get 1 tsp. Salt
- Get 1/2 tsp. Sugar
Instructions to make Chili Lime Steak Fajitas:
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour half of the marinade into a bowl and add steak. Marinade for 30 minutes or overnight. Remove 30 minutes prior to cooking if refrigerated overnight. Reserve remaining marinade for use later.
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook steak until cooked through. Stirring occasionally. Set aside and let rest.
- Wipe pan and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. Olive oil. Saute peppers and onion until almost tender. Add in reserved marinade and salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and continue cooking until soft and translucent. Add back in the sliced steak.
- For the Cilantro Lime Sauce combine all ingredients in a small. Owl and stir to combine. Or mix in a blender until all ingredients are incorporated.
- In a medium dry skillet over medium-high heat char tortillas on each side for 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble fajitas. Spoon steak and veggie mixture into charred tortillas. Top with cilantro lime sauce and sprinkle with cilantro.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you currently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chili lime steak fajitas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!