Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, meatstuffingloaf log. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook meatstuffingloaf log using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Meatstuffingloaf Log:
- Make ready 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 1 medium onion finely chopped
- Take 2 medium bramley apples (cooking apple) about 5oz each ,peeled
- Get 3 times 1lb (3lbin total ) pack realy good quality pork sausages or pork mince .
- Prepare 2 packages 1/2 lb each vacuum packed or tinned ( not pickled) chestnuts roughly chopped
- Take 1 bunch each, small ,of parsley and sages leaves chopped
- Get 1 bunch ,small ,thyme,leaves stripped
- Get 1 egg
- Prepare 4 oz white breadcrumbs
- Get 6 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
- Make ready 36 (24) rashers of streaky bacon
- Make ready 3 tbsp butter for greasing
Steps to make Meatstuffingloaf Log:
- this would make three rolls. You could use one without the bacon for stuffing either chicken ,pork joint or turkey. You would only need 24 rashers of bacon. This can be made two days ahead and kept raw in fridge or for a month im the freezer. Or you can eat two hot and eat the otherone when cool on a sandwich.
- Heat oil in large frying pan ,gently fry onions for 5 minutes until soft. Finely chop the apples ,
- Squeeze the sausagemeat (or season mince well) and put into a large bowl,add all the other ingredients exept cranberries and bacon. Season well. Get your hands in and mix well. If you are using for stuffing weigh out 1lb of the mix and add a handful of cranberries to it and set aside, refrigerate or freeze until needed.
- To assemble, butter and season a large sheet of foil Stretch the bacon with the back of a knife until nearly double in length.Overlap the 12 rashers on the foil.Spoon half of the remaining mixture evenly over bacon, leaving a border of about 1inch. Scatter with half the cranberries and gently pat in. Turn the long edges over if the bacon over the stuffing,using the foil to help make it into log shape.Repeat to make second one.
- Heat oven to 190C/fan170C/Gas 5.Put the foil wrapped parcels onto a roasting tin and roast for about 45minutes.Unwrap ,draining off any juice,then finish roasting until bacon is crisp.
- this will make two or three rolls ,each cuts into 8 slices. prep time is about 30 minutes .
- use as a meatloaf or as slices of stuffing with meatdishes.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It might be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time. Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food meatstuffingloaf log recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!