Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, spanakopita! a very very good spinach pie!. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spanakopita! A very very good spinach pie! is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Spanakopita! A very very good spinach pie! is something which I have loved my entire life.
I a huge fan of spanakopita and this recipe is definitely a good one. My spanakopita comes straight from my own Greek mamma, and her secret makes it the very best!
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have spanakopita! a very very good spinach pie! using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spanakopita! A very very good spinach pie!:
- Get 800 g spinach
- Make ready 6 spring onions
- Get 1 leek
- Take 1 tbsp sea salt
- Make ready 2 large eggs
- Take 200 g feta
- Get 250 g ricotta
- Get 80 g rocket
- Take 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- Take Nutmeg
- Prepare 1 bunch dill
- Make ready Olive oil
- Get 270 filo dough
Steps to make Spanakopita! A very very good spinach pie!:
- You’ll need a very large mixing bowl for this. Wash the spinach well. If using larger leaves it needs to be washed at least three times to remove the dirt. Trim away any large stalks.Trim and finely slice the spring onions and leek. Rinse them in a colander to get rid of any dirt.
- Toss the spinach with the sliced veg (if your colander isn’t large enough, do this in two stages). Sprinkle over the sea salt (or half of it if you are doing this in stages) and toss it in. Leave in the sink. After 15 minutes, use your hands to really scrunch the leaves, onions and leeks together, squeezing out the moisture. Be sure to really get stuck in and use your hands here, a spoon won’t achieve the same thing.
- Once you have scrunched all the leaves, transfer them to your large mixing bowl, and repeat with the remaining ingredients if you are doing it in batches.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C.When the spinach is ready, whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Crumble in the feta and fresh ricotta (draining away any excess liquid from the ricotta) into the bowl. Add the rocket, ground white pepper and finely grate in a generous amount of nutmeg. Finely chop the dill, stalks and all, and mix it in.
- Drizzle a little olive oil into a 25cm×30cm roasting tray and, using a pastry brush,evenly coat the tray. Lay out enough filo to cover the base and drape over the sides, then drizzle with olive oil and brush it all over. Repeat until you have used half the filo; it should be around 3–4 (this will depend on the brand you use) layers thick.
- Spoon the spinach filling into the tray, spreading it out evenly, then top with the remaining filo so it is also around 4 layers thick, brushing each layer with olive oil as you go.
- Scrunch the overhanging filo around the edge of the pie and brush with olive oil. Gently score the top of the pie into 8–12 pieces, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place the tray in the oven, and bake for around 45 minutes, until golden all over, then remove and leave to rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.
These types of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
Using this method, I have never had a sogginess problem with this recipe. I a huge fan of spanakopita and this recipe is definitely a good one. There are a couple of items to tweak for me. My spanakopita comes straight from my own Greek mamma, and her secret makes it the very best! Spanakopita is a popular Greek spinach and feta pie that makes a great vegetarian meal option. I get requests for this classic dish over and over again. I use my spinach and feta pie filling to make my. The very best traditional Greek spanakopita recipe! Spanakopita (Greek spinach pie) is one of the most popular Greek dishes, that is known and loved around the world. A very versatile and delicious dish suitable for every time of the day, as a main dish, starter or mid-day snack! The best way to do this is by thawing it overnight in your refrigerator (since it's usually sold in the freezer section). Assemble spanakopita: Place a tablespoon of spinach mixture on the corner nearest you on one strip of phyllo. Fold corner over mixture to make a triangle, then continue folding (like a flag) until phyllo strip is completely folded over spinach mixture. Spanakopita is a tasty Greek savory pie filled with spinach, eggs, and feta, daily served as snack, appetizer or light lunch, and particularly appreciated by the kids! This spinach and feta pie has ancient root and probably has been influenced by the Ottoman cuisine. Vegan spanakopita is a dairy-free version of this classic Greek spinach pie. It's easy to make and a The filling is very easy to make, but one thing that is key is to make sure that your spinach is as dry The best spinach was to be found in bunches plucked straight out of the earth, complete with roots. The best recipes with photos to choose an easy spanakopita and spinach recipe. Layers of flaky phyllo dough paired with smooth and flavorful spinach-feta filling, make this Spanakopita (Traditional Greek Spinach Pie) a great There must be a reason why this Spanakopita — Traditional Greek Spinach Pie — is loved in so many Mediterranean countries and all over the world. Spanakopita, or a Greek Spinach Pie, is one of their most famous creations.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food spanakopita! a very very good spinach pie! recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!