Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, pozole rojo. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pozole Rojo is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Pozole Rojo is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pozole rojo using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pozole Rojo:
- Prepare soaked peppers
- Take 6 Guajillo Peppers
- Make ready 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Make ready 2 cup water
- Prepare cabbage, lettuce, cilantro and/or peppers - optional
- Get main
- Take 1/4 cup lard
- Make ready 5 lb Pork Butt Shoulder
- Prepare 2 red onions chopped
- Get water
- Make ready 1 tsp cumin
- Take 2 tbsp Mexican Oregano
- Get 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Take 1 tbls heaping beef bullion
- Take salt and pepper
- Get 1 number 10 can of white hominy
Steps to make Pozole Rojo:
- Cut of the stems of the dried peppers. Place in microwave with vinegar and water. Set on high for 4 minutes. Place ingredients into a blender and liquify. Add more water if necessary.
- Cut pork into 1 to 2 inch cubes. Heat lard in a heavy bottom pot or dutch oven. Brown pork and add onions.
- Add blended peppers, seasonings and water to cover the pork by 2 inches. Brink to a slow boil. Reduce heat to a very low simmer and cook for 5 to 6 hrs until the pork is very tender.
- Add drained hominy and cook for another hour. Add more water if needed.
- Place cabbage or lettuce, cilantro and diced peppers in a bowl if desired. Pour stew on top.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food pozole rojo recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!