Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, christmas plum pudding. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook christmas plum pudding using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Christmas Plum Pudding:
- Make ready 1 cup ground suet
- Take 3/4 cup peeled minced apples
- Get 3/4 cup fine bread crumbs
- Get 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Get 1/4 tsp mace
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp allspice
- Make ready 1 tsp cinnamon
- Make ready 1 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- Prepare 1/4 tsp salt
- Take 1/4 cup chopped red candied cherries
- Take 1/4 cup chopped candied green cherries
- Prepare 1 cup raisins
- Prepare 1 cup currants
- Prepare 1 cup brown suger
- Take 1/4 cup brandy
- Take 1/4 cup rum
- Take 4 each beaten eggs
Steps to make Christmas Plum Pudding:
- Mix all ingredients except eggs, brandy and rum until well blended, use hands if necessary
- Stir in eggs, brandy and rum
- Lightly grease pudding mold. Depending on your size choice use more than one.
- Fill mold to within 1/2 inch of top
- Cover tops with a piece of grease tin foil and clean cloth on top of that
- Tie coverings with string tightly and leave string for removal from pot later
- Place on rack in large enough pot to hold molds. Fill with boiling water until water level is 2/3 up side on mold
- Boil gently for 3 - 3 1/2 hours. Add water if needed.
- Turn off heat, let water cool until you can safely remove using string of mold
- Cool completely, loosen and remove from molds. Wrap in cheesecloth. Moisten cheesecloth with rum or brandy and wrap tightly in tin foil.
- Store in cool place til Christmas. Check every few days to ensure cheesecloth stays moist not wet. Reseal foil ater each check.
- To serve, reheat unmolded pudding either by steaming in original mold or wrapping in tin foil and heating in oven at approximately 325°F. If steaming ensure to cover the mold tightly avoiding moisture getting in pudding.
- Once heated invert on serving platter. If desired flambe with brandy. Serve with whipped cream or sauce of your choice. We prefer rum butter sauce.
- Spice measurements may be modified to your taste.
- Raisons and currants can be soaked for up to an hour in rum or brandy for more flavor.
Your daily diet must have at least some of these super foods. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other superfoods to add. Be sure to consume proteins such as soy, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat these superfoods, you will never have to worry about gaining weight again. Green living offers you a solid eating plan, with all of the appropriate ingredients for better health. You will find that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fend off disease. You can anticipate a healthy future by changing your food choices right now.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food christmas plum pudding recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!