Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, homemade puff pastry – speedy & butterless. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. This is the easiest & quickest way to make puff pastry at home. This is the easiest & quickest way to make puff pastry at home.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook homemade puff pastry – speedy & butterless using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Puff Pastry – Speedy & Butterless:
- Take 400 g plain flour
- Make ready 320 g hard margarine, frozen
- Take 1 large egg
- Make ready 1 tbsp vinegar (or white wine)
- Make ready 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 110 ml (app.)ice cold water
Steps to make Homemade Puff Pastry – Speedy & Butterless:
- Beat the egg lightly and pour it into a measuring cup.
- Add the vinegar, the lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the water and stir. Strain the liquid to separate any egg solids.
- You must have 200ml liquid in total. If needed, add a little more ice cold water. Put it in the fridge.
- In a large and deep baking pan, mix the flour with the salt.
- Grate the frozen margarine into the flour with quick moves, coating the margarine with flour every few seconds.
- Once you’ve finished grating, mix lightly with your fingers to make sure that all the tiny pieces of margarine are completely coated with flour.
- Take the liquid out of the fridge and pour it over the flour mixture.
- Mix gently with a spoon just until the flour mixture starts to moisten.
- Start to fold and press the dough until it comes together. This way, you’re creating layers.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle and wrap it with food membrane.
- Refrigerate it overnight and it’s ready for use. Just roll it out and fill it with whatever you like.
- Keep it in the fridge up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 4 months. Put it in the refrigerator overnight to defrost it.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
Who doesn't like freshly baked puff pastry, especially when it is homemade? This is the easiest & quickest way to make puff pastry at home. Who doesn't like freshly baked puff pastry, especially when it is homemade? This is the easiest & quickest way to make puff pastry at home. Top puff-pastry with sliced peaches to make this rustic, simple Spanish-style fruit tart - an easy yet attractive dinner party dessert. This homemade puff pastry recipe is for purists who insist on the best possible ingredients for their baked goods. Making your own puff pastry from scratch is not difficult, but it is a time-consuming and painstaking process. Plan on three days to make this puff pastry, as the first and last steps require. Homemade Puff Pastry: In this Instructable, I will show you how to make puff pastry from scratch. I will point out this is a classic French style puff pastry and not the easier rough puff pastry. Puff pastry is made from hundreds of paper-thin layers of butter trapped between hundreds of paper-thin layers of dough. The butter in puff pastry presents a bit of a challenge: you want it to be cold so it stays solid and doesn't melt into the dough, but you also need it. Traditional puff pastry takes a long time to make and master but this speedier version works just as well! Keep the edges as square as possible. It might not look too good, but don't worry, it will shape up as you. Puff pastry is made using a method known as lamination, where a block of butter is wrapped fully and sealed inside a dough. The dough then goes through a series of folds, where it is rolled out to a certain thickness and folded over onto itself. The first fold creates a series of layers (thin, alternating layers of. How to Make Puff Pastry Dough. Following the printable directions below, you will sift and combine your dry ingredients.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food homemade puff pastry – speedy & butterless recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!