Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, gillian's lokshen kugel. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook gillian's lokshen kugel using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Gillian's Lokshen Kugel:
- Get 400 g dried egg lokshen (use tagliatelle or wide egg noodles if you cannot find lokshen)
- Make ready 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Take 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Prepare 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- Take 200 g raisins
- Take 1 x 540g can of rhubarb, drained, or 4 sticks of fresh rhubarb cut into 12mm chunks
- Get 3 Bramley apples, peeled and coarsely grated
- Make ready 175 g seedless raspberry jam
- Get Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Get 125 g margarine, plus extra to coat the inside of the baking dish
- Make ready 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, plus extra to sprinkle on top
Steps to make Gillian's Lokshen Kugel:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350°F / gas mark 4.
- Boil the lokshen or noodles until just al dente, strain and rinse with cold water.
- Put the lokshen back into the pan, add the margarine, jam, lemon zest and juice and stir over a low heat until well combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a baking dish, pour in the lokshen mixture and smooth the top.
- Cover the dish with foil, place on the middle shelf of your preheated oven for 1½ hours.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 45 minutes until the top of the kugel is well browned and sticky.
- Take the lokshen kugel out of the oven, sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar and, as Gillian pointed out in the recipe she sent me, all that’s left to do is: ‘Eat the bloody thing!’. Leftovers can be successfully frozen and reheated.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food gillian's lokshen kugel recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!