Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, lamb casserole with dumplings. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Lamb Casserole with Dumplings is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Lamb Casserole with Dumplings is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have lamb casserole with dumplings using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Lamb Casserole with Dumplings:
- Make ready 1 kg boneless lamb shoulder, diced
- Prepare 2 leeks, sliced
- Take 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- Prepare 3 celery stalks, sliced
- Prepare 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- Make ready 2 garlic cloves
- Prepare 1 oxo cube
- Prepare 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp paprika
- Make ready 650 ml stock (I use 2 Knorr Chicken stock pots)
- Get For the dumplings:
- Make ready 45 g butter, diced (plus extra for glazing)
- Prepare 150 g self-raising flour
- Make ready 1 egg
- Prepare 4 tbsp fresh parsley and chives, finely chopped
- Get 75 ml milk
Instructions to make Lamb Casserole with Dumplings:
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan. Heat 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil in a overproof casserole dish, over a medium high heat. Add the lamb and brown all over you may need to do this in 2 or 3 batches.
- Add the leek, carrot, celery, onion and garlic to the lamb, stir until combined. Add the Oxo, garlic powder and paprika, then the stock. Cover dish with a lid, then place in the oven and cook for 1¾ hours.
- When the lamb has been cooking for 1½ hours, make the dumplings. Place the flour in a medium bowl, add the butter and rub it into the flour. Lightly beat the egg then add with the herbs and milk into the centre of the flour. Bring together to make a soft and sticky dough.
- Remove the dish from the oven, stir the lamb well, season to taste. Drop rounded dessertspoons of the dumpling mixture on top of the lamb mixture about 2cm apart, then brush with a little more melted butter.
- Return the dish to the oven. Cook, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the dumplings are browned and cooked through.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Obviously, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food lamb casserole with dumplings recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!