Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, black bean quesadillas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Black Bean Quesadillas is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Black Bean Quesadillas is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have black bean quesadillas using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Black Bean Quesadillas:
- Make ready 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Prepare 1/2 a small onion, diced
- Take 1 small bell pepper, diced
- Get 1 jalapeno, diced (optional for heat)
- Make ready 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Make ready 2 cups chopped spinach
- Make ready 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- Make ready 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- Get to taste salt and pepper
- Get pinch cayenne pepper
- Get 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Take juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Get 2 cups freshly shredded cheese (use a kind that melts easily)
- Take 4 flour tortillas (the burrito sized ones)
Steps to make Black Bean Quesadillas:
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the peppers and onions and cook, stirring often, until they have begun to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and spinach and cook, stirring often, until the spinach wilts.
- Add the black beans and seasonings to the skillet and cook just 2 or so minutes more, then remove from heat and transfer the bean mixture to a large bowl.
- Stir the cilantro, lime juice and cheese into the bean mixture. Return the skillet to the heat and add the additional 2 tbsp. of oil to it.
- Prepare the quesadillas by placing 1/4 of the bean and cheese mixture over one half of each tortilla, then fold the other half over it, so it's a half circle.
- Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add the quesadilla carefully to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden, then flip it carefully and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes, until golden and the cheese is all melted.
- Slice into thirds using a large, sharp knife and serve immediately.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can also be beneficial for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold. Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food black bean quesadillas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!