Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, apple pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious. Make a dessert as American as apple pie by serving up, well, the patriotic pie itself. It is often served with whipped cream, ice cream ("apple pie à la mode"), or cheddar cheese.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have apple pie using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Pie:
- Make ready 4 bramley apples, washed
- Get 50 g butter, plus extra to grease and dot
- Make ready 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Take 4 cloves, optional
- Get 100 g demerara sugar
- Prepare 100-150 g caster sugar
- Take 3 eating apples
- Get nutmeg
- Take 1 tbsp flour, ground rice or semolina
- Make ready 1 tbsp demerara or granulated sugar
- Get milk, for brushing
- Make ready For the pastry
- Make ready 400 g plain flour, or 350g plain and 50g spelt wholemeal
- Take 200 g cold butter, grated
- Prepare 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Get 1 egg, beaten
- Take 1 lemon
Steps to make Apple Pie:
- First make the pastry. Mix the flours and grate in the cold butter, then mix to fine breadcrumbs with your fingers.
- Stir in the sugar and the zest of the lemon,then mix to a dough with the beaten egg, plus a little water if needed. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Peel the bramley apples and cut into chunks. Place the peel and cores in a small pan.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the cinnamon, cloves if using and demerara sugar and then stir in the apple chunks. Cook uncovered on a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally, until just starting to break up. Set aside to cool.
- At the same time cover the pan of peel and cores with cold water, bring to the boil, and simmer for 30 minutes. This is a slightly odd thing to do (create 'apple stock'), and I've never heard of it before but Felicity says it makes a difference so I went with it. Measure out 60ml and discard the rest. Butter a pie dish. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Peel the eating apples and slice into small chunks. Add these to the cooked bramley apples together with 50ml apple stock, 100g caster sugar, a grating of nutmeg, and, Felicity suggests, the juice of half a lemon, but I missed this out. Taste, and add more sugar if you need to.
- Roll out two thirds of the pastry and use it to line the base of the pie dish. Sprinkle ground rice or semolina (or flour) in the base and then sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar in there too.
- Pile the cooled apple mixture into the pie crust. Dot with a little butter, dampen the edge of the pastry with milk and then cover with the pastry lid. Press down all round the edge and crimp the edge with your thumb and the blunt edge of a knife. Brush the top with the milk.
- Bake in the oven for around 30-45 minutes until golden. When you take it out sprinkle with sugar straight away. Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving, so the insides firm up a little. Serve in big slices with cream.
Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Then, try adding a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are a couple of other essentials. Furthermore, you should consume yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will get rid of your problems with gaining weight. Adopting a green living meal plan will give you precisely what you need for good health. Your body will be free of disease as your immune system gets healthier. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits right now.
An apple pie is a pie in which the principal filling ingredient is apple, originated in England. It is often served with whipped cream, ice cream ("apple pie à la mode"), or cheddar cheese. It is generally double-crusted, with pastry both above and below the filling; the upper crust may be solid or latticed. Make a dessert as American as apple pie by serving up, well, the patriotic pie itself. Whether you go for the classic two-crust version or one with a unique twist to surprise your guests, it's hard to beat the. Learn how to make apple pie with our favorite homemade apple pie recipes. From cinnamon or caramel, filling and spice, we have all the recipes you need for this classic treat! Apple pies are a quintessential part of autumn traditions. Check out Food Network's best recipes for the American classic. This is absolutely the best homemade apple pie you'll ever make! It has a flaky, buttery crust and a tender, lightly-spiced apple pie filling. Use a combination of apples for best flavor, and bake until the. From a traditional British apple pie recipe to a Dutch-style pie, to an all-American slice of comfort food, we've got enough proper (and improper) apple pie recipes to keep you going. Apple pie: American icon, most popular pie, and the ONE dessert everyone has to make for Thanksgiving. With its flaky, buttery crust; tart-sweet apples, and wonderful cinnamon-y aroma. Apple pie is a traditional American food; however, recipes for this favorite desert vary greatly depending upon the apples that are used, the shelf life of. From easy Apple Pie recipes to masterful Apple Pie preparation techniques, find Apple Pie ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. This recipe guarantees pie with perfectly cooked (not mushy) apples surrounded by a thickened and gently spiced sauce all baked inside a flaky, golden brown crust. "Apple pies that have crunchy, raw apples in them are a pet peeve of mine," Ms. Peel and core the fruit, cut it into slices, then macerate them in a plume of sugar. The difference between classic apple pie and a Dutch apple pie recipe is all in the delicious crumb Dutch apple pie topping is made with butter, Gold Medal™ flour, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food apple pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!