Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, sylvia's bacon and onion pudding #mycookbook. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sylvia's bacon and onion pudding #mycookbook using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook:
- Get 8 oz Self raising flour
- Get 4 oz suet, either veg or beef
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Make ready half a pack of dry-cure smoked, streaky bacon or any bacon you have handy
- Get 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs or Thyme
- Make ready 2 small or 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Take A few fresh Sage leaves or 1/2 tsp dried Sage
- Take Vegetable oil
- Get Butter for greasing
- Prepare Water for binding
- Prepare Salt and Pepper, preferably White Pepper
- Take Pudding bowl, greaseproof paper, string, steamer
Steps to make Sylvia's Bacon and Onion Pudding #mycookbook:
- Grease your bowl with butter. Set aside
- Dry fry the bacon in a hot frying pan until crisp. Turn to scrip the other side. Drain on kitchen paper and chop into fairly small pieces. Set aside.
- Sauté the finely chopped onion with the Sage leaves or dried Sage in vegetable oil until translucent and lightly browned. Take off of the heat and remove to a plate to cool.
- Mix the flour, 1/2 tsp salt, baking powder and suet in a bowl.
- Add the onion and Bacon to the flour mixture and stir together.
- Bind the mixture with enough cold water to bring together to form a soft dough. Boil the kettle.
- Place the pudding into the buttered pudding bowl and cover with a large sheet of greaseproof or baking parchment with a pleat in the middle to allow for expansion and tie with string to form a seal around the edge of the bowl. Fold the overhanging paper onto the top of the bowl to keep it out of the way.
- Pour boiling water into the steamer and place pudding bowl in top of the steamer. Steam for 2 hours, regularly checking and topping up with boiling water to avoid the pan boiling dry.
- I served my pudding with an onion gravy made from a sliced onion, sautéed until browned in a gravy made from good old Bisto! (Guilty secret) I also added a medley of green veg, but you can use whatever veg you have handy. Not the best photo, but definitely one of my most favourite dinners from my childhood.
Your daily diet need to contain at least several of these super foods. Why not eat several beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Walnuts and whole grains are a couple of other foods to include. Additionally, you need to eat yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about your weight again. Observing a green living diet plan will offer you precisely what you need for good health. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food sylvia's bacon and onion pudding #mycookbook recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!