Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, posole verde. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Posole Verde is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Posole Verde is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have posole verde using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Posole Verde:
- Make ready 5 lb pork butt
- Get 2 can 36.5oz Hominy
- Take 1 lb tomatillos
- Make ready 1 large onion
- Get 3 Poblanos
- Get 3 jalapeños (more or less depending on how spicy you want it)
- Make ready 3 garlic cloves
- Prepare 1 bunch cilantro
- Get oregano
- Take salt
- Prepare pepper
- Prepare 1 sliced radish (optional)
- Take 1 shredded lettuce or cabbage (optional)
- Take 1 tostadas (optional)
- Prepare 1 sour cream (optional)
Instructions to make Posole Verde:
- Remove paper and wash tomatillos, they are a bit sticky. Toss the peppers and tomatillos in oil. Line a baking sheet with foil. Put the tomatillos, peppers, whole onion paper left on and garlic cloves paper left on on the baking sheet. Place in a 250°F oven and let roast until veggies are soft. Onion will not be completely soft all the way through but that's OK.
- While the veggies are roasting, wash the pork and cut into bite sized pieces making sure to get most of the fat off. Place in a large stock pot and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Let that cook stirring occasionally.
- When the veggies are done, which they should be by the time you get done with the pork let them cool until you can handle them. Peel the skin of all the peppers the best you can and remove the paper from the onion and garlic.
- Place all the veggies or as many as you can fit into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add all but about a cup of the cilantro and blend more.
- Add enough water(or broth of choice) to cover the pork by about 3 inches. Add the puree from the food processor. Stir well and add some more salt to taste.
- Cook down until it is a bit thicker. All the flavors should be prominent by now. Add more salt if needed.
- Spread sour cream in tostadas and garnish with radish, cilantro and lettuce, serve and enjoy!
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food posole verde recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!