Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, strawberry bakewell tart. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have strawberry bakewell tart using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Strawberry Bakewell Tart:
- Take 1 ready made roll of shortcrust pastry
- Prepare 140 g strawberry jam, plus 1 tbsp
- Take 1 tbsp water
- Make ready 3 eggs, room temperature
- Take 125 g softened unsalted butter or room temperature
- Get Butter for greasing
- Make ready 3/4 cups golden caster sugar
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups grounded almonds
- Prepare 125 g fresh strawberries or enough to cover top, sliced
- Take 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Prepare 2 tbsp flour
- Get 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- Make ready Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Steps to make Strawberry Bakewell Tart:
- Remove the shortcrust pastry from the fridge at least 10 minutes before cooking.
- Grease with butter a 20-22cm round tray with removable base. Preheat oven to 180c.
- Place the shortcrust pastry in the pan and then cut and mold using your fingers as needed to fill in any missing pastry inside.
- In a bowl using a whisk or electric mixer beat the butter, vanilla essence and sugar together until its light and creamy. Add the eggs one by one beating lightly after each addition. Fold in the ground almonds, flour and if using the flaked almonds (I chose to omit mine as hubby doesn't like them).
- Spread the jam over the pastry. Then spoon the almond mixture on top of the jam and level the mixture using a spatula. Transfer to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lastly place the tablespoon of jam and water into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring. Then brush it all over the tart.
- Add the sliced strawberries over the top of the tart, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food strawberry bakewell tart recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!