Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, open-faced meat pies - lahem bi ajeen. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Great recipe for Open-faced meat pies - lahem bi ajeen. These meat pies are typically served with a dollop of plain yogurt and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top of the warm pie.
Open-faced meat pies - lahem bi ajeen is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Open-faced meat pies - lahem bi ajeen is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook open-faced meat pies - lahem bi ajeen using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Open-faced meat pies - lahem bi ajeen:
- Prepare - For the dough:
- Make ready 8 cups flour
- Prepare 2 tablespoons dried yeast dissolved in ½ cup warm water
- Take 3 1/2 cups water
- Take 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Make ready 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 1 teaspoon sugar
- Take - For the meat mixture:
- Get 1 kg finely ground beef
- Take 1 kg onions, finely chopped
- Make ready 2 kg tomatoes, finely chopped
- Prepare 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Take 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- Make ready 3 cloves garlic
- Get 1 teaspoon salt
- Take 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper powder
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Take 2 tablespoons pomegranate syrup, if available
Steps to make Open-faced meat pies - lahem bi ajeen:
- Mix well all the dough ingredients together, except the vegetable oil.
- Add in the oil gradually while mixing the ingredients by hand. Continue kneading until you get a firm dough. Don't hesitate to add some more water if needed.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen cloth and leave it to rest for about 2 hr 30 min in a warm place until it rises and doubles in size.
- Knead the dough again after dipping your hands in flour, and divide it into balls the size of a golf ball. Leave it to rest for 30 more minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough balls in a round shape, about 12 cm diameter and 1 mm thickness.
- To prepare the meat mixture: put all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the surface of each dough piece.
- Slightly grease two oven trays with olive oil and place the lahem bi ajeen on them. Bake in the oven at medium heat for about 20 min or until the bottom of the dough turn lightly brown and the meat is well cooked.
- Serve warm with plain yogurt or with laban ayran, a salty yogurt drink.
- Note: You can find the recipe of 'Salty yogurt drink' in my profile
These types of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat lots of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
Another popular version known as "sfiha" in Arabic, is an open-faced meat pie with the sides pinched up on all four corners. These meat pies are typically served with a dollop of plain yogurt and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top of the warm pie. I love to serve lahm bi ajeen for Iftar during Ramadan. Great recipe for Open-faced meat pies - lahem bi ajeen. A thin flat dough topped with a mixture of ground meat, tomatoes, onions and spices, then oven baked. It is perfect for a late breakfast or a quick lunch. You can have it with a salty yogurt drink called laban ayran. Ingredients of Open-faced meat pies - lahem bi ajeen: You need to prepare - For the dough:. Use - For the meat mixture:. Lahm bi ajeen meat mixture The meat (usually ground beef) is combined with tomatoes, onions and spices to give quite a loose texture. Dear mama; thank you for your answer. I also think both cuisine have similar taste because we use same region for ages. I'm sending you my last post, ıts recipe was taken taste of beirut which I am following it admiringly like yours. Lahm bi Ajeen is a very popular Lebanese meat pie with lots of flavor. It is basically a flatbread stuffed with a perfectly spiced ground beef, tomato and onion mixture. Lahm bi Ajeen meat pies are mostly served as appetizers or side dishes. Sfiha (Lahm Bi Ajin) is an open-faced meat pie that is filled with ground beef of lamb, onions, tomatoes and tahini, perfect to make for a large gathering. Lebanese sfeeha or sometime called lahm bi ajeen, which basically means lamb in dough, are amazing little meat pies that full of flavor and simply delicious. The dough is basically like a pizza dough and they are either served open face like a mini pizza or sometimes the meat is wrapped within the dough like a turnover. Lahm bi Ajeen or Lebanese meat pie (lahmajoun) is specific to the Levant zone.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food open-faced meat pies - lahem bi ajeen recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!