Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, beans sambar. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Beans Sambar is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Beans Sambar is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have beans sambar using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Beans Sambar:
- Take 1/2 cup Toor dal
- Take 250gm French Beans (cut into index finger length)
- Take 1 gooseberry size Tamarind (Soak in warm water before 15 minutes to cook)
- Make ready 2 tbsp Oil
- Get 7 to 8 Shallots (slice into two)
- Make ready 1 Tomato finely chopped
- Prepare 2 cloves Garlic
- Get 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Get 1/4 tsp Hing / asafoetida
- Prepare 1 tbsp Sambar powder
- Get to taste Salt
- Prepare as needed Coriander leaves to garnish
- Get 1/2 tsp Mustard
- Prepare 1 tsp Cumin
- Get 10 Curry leaves
- Take 1 Red chilli
Instructions to make Beans Sambar:
- Wash toot dal in running water for 3 times and keep in pressure cooker. With this add half chopped tomato, hing, turmeric and 1 tsp of oil. Pressure cook for about 6 whistles or you can cook until done according to your cooker type. Mash this and keep aside.
- Squeeze the tamarind juice and keep aside.
- Heat oil in kadai add mustard, cumin. Once mustard splutter add curry leaves and red chilli.
- Add sliced shallots. Once shallots turn to light add remaining chopped tomato and saute until tomato turns soft.
- Now add the French Beans, Sambar powder. Saute a bit. Add one cup of water close with lid and cook in medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Now add the tamarind juice and salt. Close with lid and cook for another 3 minutes until tamarind juice comes to boiling stage
- It's time to add mashed dal. Add dal with 1/2 a cup of water and let it cook in simmer for 5 to 8 minutes until sambar start boiling nicely.
- Once done add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice and a dollop of ghee.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. While you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food beans sambar recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!