Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, german pancake with caramelized apples. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
German Pancake with Caramelized Apples is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. German Pancake with Caramelized Apples is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook german pancake with caramelized apples using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make German Pancake with Caramelized Apples:
- Prepare German Pancake:
- Prepare 1 cup all purpose flour
- Take 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. salt
- Prepare 1/2 cup milk
- Prepare 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Prepare 6 large eggs
- Take 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Make ready Caramelized Apples:
- Take 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Make ready 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thinly
- Get 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- Make ready 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Steps to make German Pancake with Caramelized Apples:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease a 9x13" baking pan lightly and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. Then add the milk and vanilla. Next, whisk in each egg one at a time, whisking to combine for each one.
- Place the 3 tbsp. of butter into the prepared pan and place it into the preheated oven for just a couple of minutes, until the butter has melted. Then remove the pan from the oven, pour in the batter right over the butter, and place the pan back in the oven for 17-20 minutes, until it has puffed nicely and the edges are golden brown. Remove it from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes (it will deflate as it sits).
- While the German pancake is baking, start preparing the apples. Heat the 2 tbsp. of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the apple slices into a large bowl and toss them in the sugars and cinnamon. Then pour them into the skillet. Cook, stirring around often, for 5-7 minutes, until the apples have softened and the sugars have caramelized slightly.
- Slice the pancake into 6 equal sized squares and serve with the apple slices atop it.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time. As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food german pancake with caramelized apples recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!