Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, vickys christmas mincemeat puff pastry pies, gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook vickys christmas mincemeat puff pastry pies, gf df ef sf nf using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Christmas Mincemeat Puff Pastry Pies, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Get 500 grams ready made puff pastry, see my free-from recipe
- Get 115 grams caster sugar
- Take milk of choice for glazing and sealing, light coconut milk is great
- Get 400 grams the mincemeat from the recipe below
- Prepare mincemeat
- Make ready 225 grams peeled, cored and chopped Bramley apples
- Make ready 110 grams shredded vegetable suet
- Get 110 grams sultanas
- Make ready 110 grams currants
- Get 175 grams raisins
- Take 90 grams mixed candied peel, finely chopped
- Make ready 20 grams glacé cherries, finely chopped
- Get 175 grams soft dark sugar
- Prepare 25 grams flaked almonds, chopped (optional)
- Get The grated zest and juice from 1 lemon and 1 orange
- Make ready 2 tsp mixed spice
- Get 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Get 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Prepare 3 tbsp brandy
Instructions to make Vickys Christmas Mincemeat Puff Pastry Pies, GF DF EF SF NF:
- To make the mincemeat, put all the ingredients into a large bowl except for the brandy, and combine well
- Cover the bowl with a clean cloth and let sit in a cool dark place for 12 hours overnight to let the flavours develop
- Preheat the oven on the lowest setting around gas mark 1/4 / 120C / 225°F
- Put the mincemeat mixture into a large ovenproof dish, cover with foil and bake for 3 hours
- When you take it out it will look like it's swimming in grease, it's meant to so don't panic!
- Let it cool stirring when you feel like it. Stir in the brandy when it's completely cooled
- This is enough to fill 3 x 450g sterilized jars. Fill the jars to the top and place a waxed disc on top before putting the lids on. Will keep for a year in a cupboard. Makes a nice Christmas gift if you tie a gift tag around the neck with pretty ribbon and the pie recipe below written on…
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 220C / 425°F. Roll out the puff pastry and cut out 24 discs around 4cm sized - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356517-vickys-puff-pastry-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free
- Put 12 pastry discs onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon some mincemeat onto the middle, don't go overboard as the suet will bubble out and burst your pies, leave room around the edge
- Brush some milk of choice around the edge and put the remaining 12 discs on top, pinching the sides together upwards to create a shell and lid and prick the tops with a knife
- Brush the tops with some more milk, sprinkle with caster sugar and bake for 15-20 minutes or until risen and golden
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving gently to a wire rack to cool completely
- Serve cold with a dusting of icing sugar, or warm with some brandy butter or clotted cream and a glass of sherry! Pure Christmas!
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. While you may already eat lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food vickys christmas mincemeat puff pastry pies, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!