Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, shrimp and pine nut spaghetti. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shrimp and pine nut spaghetti using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp and Pine Nut Spaghetti:
- Get 8 oz uncooked spaghetti
- Take 12 oz peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- Take 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Make ready 1 cup 1% low fat milk, divided
- Prepare 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Get 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- Get 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Prepare 1/4 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Prepare 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Make ready 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Get 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Take 3/4 cup pesto (optional) instead of 1/3 cup chopped basil
Steps to make Shrimp and Pine Nut Spaghetti:
- Bring 4 qts water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta and cook 7 minutes. Add shrimp to pan, cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done and pasta is al dente. Drain, keep warm.
- While pasta cooks, heat a small nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add nuts to pan and cook 2 minutes or til golden brown.
- Combine 1/2 cup milk and flour in a saucepan, whisking until well blended. Place pan on medium heat and gradually stir in remaining milk. Stir in mustard and nutmeg. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium- low, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken; stirring constantly. Stir in S&P; cook 1 minute. Add pasta and shrimp, cheese and chopped basil, tossing gently to combine. Sprinkle with nuts and torn basil.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently are eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food shrimp and pine nut spaghetti recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!