Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, vegan sourdough challah. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Vegan Sourdough Challah is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Vegan Sourdough Challah is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook vegan sourdough challah using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Sourdough Challah:
- Get 500 g flour
- Prepare 250 ml water
- Take 25 g sourdough starter
- Take 5 g salt (roughly 1tsp)
- Get 50 g sunflower/coconut/canola oil
- Take 50 g agave syrup (or honey)
- Make ready 80 g aquafaba/chickpea water
Steps to make Vegan Sourdough Challah:
- The night before, start the dough. Dissolve starter in water then add flour. Knead a bit. Add salt. The dough will be quite dry. (It's going to get wetter tomorrow when you add the other ingredients). Rub dough with oil, wrap in clingfilm and leave overnight at room temperature.
- In the morning, add the chickpea juice, the honey and the oil. If this makes the dough too wet, add a bit more flour. You are aiming for the dough to be slightly wet/sticky. Cover with the clingfilm and leave to prove for 4 hours (but do a round of folds every hour)
- Cut the dough into 6 equal portions (or 5, 4, 3 etc). You'll probably want to use scales to weigh make sure the portions are the same weight. Form each portion into a ball, cover and leave to rest for 20mins.
- Roll each of the balls into a sausage shape. Braid the sausages together. Me describing the process here will not help you - search for challah braiding videos on YouTube. Put the braided loaf on a baking tray and cover with clingfilm. Prove for 3 hours at room temperature or until it has doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 180C with a tray of water in the bottom. Brush outside of challah with chickpea water. Sprinkle with seeds if desired. Bake for 45 mins (my dough weighed 1030g).
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time. Evidently, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food vegan sourdough challah recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!