Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, collard greens. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have collard greens using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Collard Greens:
- Take 1 family size shredded collard greens
- Take 2 pounds smoked pork neck bones
- Make ready 4 tablespoons rendered duck fat
- Take 2 tablespoons adobo
- Take 2 tablespoons sazonidor
- Take 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Make ready 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Steps to make Collard Greens:
- Boil neck bones for one hour then drain and let cool
- Using your hands rip meat off the neck bones to about bite sized pieces
- In a large sauce pot add the greens meat and all other ingredients
- Add water to cover about an inch over the greens.
- Bring to a boil then simmer about an hour and a half or to desired tenderness adjusting to add additional seasoning as needed
- Serve as a side dish to chicken or pork
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you currently are eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food collard greens recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!