Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, tortas de camaron con nopales. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Tortas de Camaron con Nopales is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Tortas de Camaron con Nopales is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook tortas de camaron con nopales using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tortas de Camaron con Nopales:
- Make ready 2 cups shrimp powder
- Prepare 5 eggs
- Take 1 cup already cut up tender cactus from the jar, drained
- Prepare 8 chile guajillo
- Get 2 chile ancho
- Get 1/2 cup cilantro
- Take 1/3 yellow onion
- Take 2 cloves garlic
- Make ready 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Make ready Corn tortillas
- Prepare Corn oil
Steps to make Tortas de Camaron con Nopales:
- Start by seperating your egg whites from the yolk. Put yolk in a different bowl than egg whites.
- Beat egg whites until white & fluffy. Once fluffy, add yolks & beat a little bit more (not too much).
- Now add shrimp powder & fold it in with spatula until well incorporated & thickens.
- Add oil to pan, deep enough but not enough to completely submerge. When heated, spoon into pan medium sized circles of the egg/shrimp powder mix. Let cook about 2-3 mins on each side til brownish. When done, remove each torta & place on plate lined with paper towel to soak up any extra oil. Keep doing this until all mix is gone. This should make 7-10 tortas depending on their sizes.
- Take all your seeds out of your chiles & boil them. Once tender, put chiles in blender. Add to blender your cilantro, garlic, onion, chicken bouillon cube & some of the water from when you boiled your chiles. Blend well.
- Heat another pan to medium heat. Once heated, with a mesh colander, add blender mix to the colander holding the colander over heated pan. Move mix added to colander around with a spoon so that the mixture seaps into the pan thru the colander but catches the flakes of the chiles. Add more water from when you boiled your chiles if needed.
- Once all the blender mix is heating in the pan, add your already cooked tortas to chile mix with your nopales (cactus). Cook covered on medium heat for 10 more mins.
- Serve with corn tortillas & rice or beans if you prefer. Enjoy!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food tortas de camaron con nopales recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!