Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, cajun smoked duck sausage. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious. Maple Leaf Farms' fully cooked Great recipe for Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage. Shrimp Etouffee Recipe - Spicy Creole/Cajun Shrimp Sauce on Rice - Frozen Shrimp Tips.
Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cajun smoked duck sausage using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage:
- Prepare Ingredients
- Get 2 1/2 lb duck meat
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb pork
- Prepare 1/2 lb pork fat
- Prepare 1/2 lb bacon
- Take 1/4 lb butter
- Make ready 2 cup onions, diced
- Get 1 cup celery, diced
- Get 1/2 cup green onions, diced
- Get 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- Make ready 1/2 cup port wine
- Get 1/4 cup cognac
- Take 1 tbsp thyme
- Prepare 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- Take 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Get sea salt (about 2 tablespoon)
- Get cayenne pepper (about 1.5 tablespoon)
- Get 10 - 12 feet (35-38 mm) sausage casing
Steps to make Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage:
- Grind the duck, pork, pork fat, and bacon using the fine cutting blade of a meat grinder. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, celery, green onion, and garlic until wilted.
- Remove from heat and add the port and cognac. Return to the stove burner and ignite the cognac with a kitchen match and allow it to burn off.
- Reduce the liquid to about half the volume. Mix in the thyme and black pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Add the cooled veggies to the ground meat. Add the parsley, salt, and cayenne. Mix well by hand.
- To check the seasoning, take a small ball of the sausage and form a patty. Fry until no longer pink. Allow to cool and taste. Adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Stuff into sausage casings using the sausage attachment of a meat grinder. TIP: if you don't feel like stuffing your own sausage, you local butcher will probably do it for you for a nominal fee.
- Smoke the sausages at a temperature of 175°F until the internal temperature is 160°F. You can serve right away or vacuum pack and freeze until later and just warm up on the grill.
- TIP: a standard package of casings is usually enough for 50 feet of sausage. If you have leftover casings, do not freeze them. That well weaken them and make them prone to tearing. Drain them, and repack them with sea salt and store in the refrigerator. They will last forever. Natural casings aren't expensive but I just hate to waste anything.
Your daily diet should include at least some of these super foods. Why not add a few beans or blueberries? Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Add in whole grains and nuts. Moreover, you should have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. When you eat these superfoods every day, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Green living provides you with a healthy diet plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body can become disease free. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits now.
Learn how to make a Duck Sausage Shrimp Gumbo Recipe! Shrimp Etouffee Recipe - Spicy Creole/Cajun Shrimp Sauce on Rice - Frozen Shrimp Tips. Our smoky, healthy duck sausage is great for any meal of the day! Maple Leaf Farms' fully cooked Great recipe for Cajun Smoked Duck Sausage. Last fall our boys bagged a huge amount of ducks. A good number of them ended up in our freezer. Stir tomatoes and Cajun seasoning into sausage mixture. Add sausage mixture to fettuccine in Dutch oven; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped fresh parsley, if desired. Made with quality cuts of meat, taste the rich flavors packed with Cajun-style spice. Add to a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add some gourmet Cajun kick to your jambalaya, gumbo or even a plain old bun. Traditional Cajun sausage made fresh and smoked daily. Try our andouille, pork, chicken, deer, and elk sausages! Stories of Louisiana cooking have you mouth watering? Let us help; we've spent decades perfecting traditional Cajun cuisine. Cajun andouille sausage, one of the two main andouille varieties, is a common ingredient in Louisiana Cajun specialty dishes such as gumbo and jambalaya. Andouille sausage is a smoked meat typically prepared from seasoned pork and fat. This Cajun sausage is cured so you'll see Prague powder listed in the ingredients. It's not difficult to make but make sure that you have some Prague powder made up before you start the recipe.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cajun smoked duck sausage recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!