Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, duck confit: how bullshit artists impress. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Duck Confit: how bullshit artists impress is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Duck Confit: how bullshit artists impress is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have duck confit: how bullshit artists impress using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Duck Confit: how bullshit artists impress:
- Take 5 Skin on Duck legs
- Get 2 small heads of garlic
- Get 250 ml store bought duck fat
- Make ready Salt & Pepper
- Prepare Salad and Balsamic Vinigarette
- Make ready 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Make ready 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Get 1 TBS maple syrup
- Prepare 2 confit garlic cloves
- Prepare Salt and pepper
- Get 1/2 ts chilli flakes
- Take 200 gm rocket
- Prepare 10-15 cherry tomatoes
Instructions to make Duck Confit: how bullshit artists impress:
- Its Wednesday night and you've got a hot date on Friday. You foolishly invited the object of your affection round for dinner and want to look like you've got your shit together. Here's how:
- Wednesday evening: - Take your duck legs and rub with salt, and freshly ground pepper. Place in a zip lock bag and leave in the fridge overnight. You can experiment with different flavours at this stage. I love thyme so i usually throw a few sprigs of that in. - - Proceed to devour an entire oven bake pizza and bottle of dry white wine that came to a total of $7 from the supermarket. As usual.
- Thursday evening: - Preheat oven to 170c or 325(ish) for those that cant google. Wipe off as much of the spices from the duck legs and leave the duck to loose all of the fridgy-coldness (half hour should suffice). - - Meanwhile, pour the store bought duck fat in to a baking dish and put in the oven for 5 minutes or until it has liquified, once done, take out, halve the heads of garlic, and place cut side down in the fat with the duck legs, skin side up. - - Place in the oven again for 3 hours
- Eat two servings "nachos", consisting of a whole bag of cheese supreme doritos, franks red hot and pre grated cheese because the oven is already in use, curse yourself because you forgot to get sour cream. - - Once finished, pull it out and allow to cool until you can handle the baking dish. Cover and put in the fridge overnight.
- Friday. Go time. - - Before your date arrives, make the vinigarette: grab one of your many seldom used protein shakers from wherever the hell you hide them and combine all of the ingredients listed, save for the garlic cloves that are still sitting in the baking tray. - - Grab two of those and mince in to a fine paste, they should have the room temperature consistency of puss by now so this should be easy.
- Combine in your shaker WITH THE SHAKER THINGY and hold it in your hand while you rock out to Phil Collins- in the air tonight, or until night and emulsified. Pour in to a serving bottle and set aside. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When your date arrives, put on an apron for added aesthetic and to protect that one nice outfit you own (i didn't have to tell you to get dressed before they got there, did i?). - - Take the rocket (if you bought it in a pre packaged bag, pull it out and put it in a nondescript freezer bag like you get at the markets so you don't look like a piece of shit) and cherry tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes in half and place in a bowl with the rocket.
- A little of the duck fat and olive oil in a pan. Grossly exaggerate your standing in your place of employment and your love of french cuisine. - - Place the duck legs in skin side down and cook for 3 minutes each side until heated through. Toss the salad with the dressing and plate up. Explaining to them how you whipped up this tart vinigarette to cut through the richness of the duck, and how you love the challenge of building complimentary flavour profiles.
- Serve with mash (recipe that you stole from someone better than me) in a stupidly artful and decorative way…Then enjoy your evening, if they don't stay for breakfast, its definitely not the foods fault…but if they do. You've got that sorted, right?
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food duck confit: how bullshit artists impress recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!