Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, homemade cherry preserves. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Homemade Cherry Preserves is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Homemade Cherry Preserves is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook homemade cherry preserves using 3 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Cherry Preserves:
- Get 1000 g cherries
- Prepare 450 g sugar
- Make ready 1/2 lemon
Instructions to make Homemade Cherry Preserves:
- Stone the cherries (it's about 900 g after stoning). Puree before putting in pot if you want a smoother consistency.
- Put in a medium pot along with the sugar and lemon juice. Yes - it's a lot of sugar, but this is what "preserves" the cherries and prevents them from going bad.
- Turn on medium high. After a few minutes when the cherries softened up a little, I roughly mashed them up with a masher. You can also use a stick/hand blender to break down the cherries some more.
- When the cherries come to a boil, they will foam up. Skim off the foam every several minutes with a spoon - you can put it aside in a little cup and eat it with yogurt or ice cream. It's quite good!
- While the cherries are cooking, place a small plate in the freezer so you can test the doneness of the preserves later.
- Continue to cook the cherries on medium to medium-high stirring every few minutes to ensure they don't burn. The juice will gradually get thicker, darker and gooier. It took mine around 60 minutes to get to that point.
- To test doneness, remove the plate from the freezer and put a little bit of the cherries on it. Place back in the freezer for 2-3 minutes and then take out again. Push the chilled preserves gently with your finger - if it "wrinkles" up, it's done. If not keep cooking. (see photos below)
- This isn't done yet because the preserves are still too watery to hold up with pushing your finger through.
- It's hard to tell in the photo but, here the cherries are gooey and wrinkle a little bit when pushing your finger through the preserves. You can turn off the heat now!
- Let cool off for a few minutes, then transfer to a large jar or two smaller ones. Be careful not to put in cold jars or they can crack (optionally put the hot jam in hot jars). Cover and let cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. It should be good for a few months.
- Really nice with a creamy cheese on bread or toast!
- Some other ideas I've saw on the internet for flavoring: Add a splash of Kirsch liquor in at the end of the cooking. Or a few drops of almond extract (just a little or you'll ruin the taste apparently!), or vanilla bean (maybe cook with the cherries?).
You have to have some superfoods in your diet everyday. Foods such as beans and berries are excellent. Eat some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Whole grains, and oats, plus a mix of nuts, chiefly walnuts. In addition, you need to have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will get rid of your problems with gaining weight. Observing a green living diet plan will offer you precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. Your body will ward off diseases as you build up your immune system. Prepare for a great future by changing your eating habits now.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food homemade cherry preserves recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!