Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, keema cottage pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Keema Cottage Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Keema Cottage Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook keema cottage pie using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Keema Cottage Pie:
- Get For the potato topping:
- Prepare 530 g potatoes, par boiled until fork tender,
- Get 1 knob butter,
- Prepare 1 dash whole milk,
- Get 1 tsp dried coriander leaf, or a handful fresh corriander,
- Take 1 clove garlic, crushed,
- Make ready Salt and white pepper to season
- Make ready For the keema pie filling:
- Get 200 g beef mince, (I used 12% fat frozen for better texture),
- Get 1 onion, chopped,
- Make ready 100 g finely chopped carrot,
- Make ready 3 cloves garlic, crushed,
- Get 2 handfuls peas,
- Get 1 tbsp malt vinegar,
- Make ready 2 heaped tsp medium curry powder,
- Prepare 1/2 tsp tumeric,
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground ginger,
- Take 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes, or to taste,
- Get 1 tsp dried corriander leaf,
- Take 1 beef stock cube,
- Get 1 level tsp sugar, or sugar replacement,
- Prepare Salt and white pepper to season,
- Make ready Cooking oil or ghee for frying
- Take 1.5 pints water (this may vary, see recipe)
Instructions to make Keema Cottage Pie:
- Add the cooking oil to a medium saucepan and bring up to heat. Add in the onions and malt vinegar. Gently fry for a few minutes until they begin to soften then add in the diced carrots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the ground ginger, curry powder, corriander leaf, red chilli flakes and tumeric. Stir through and fry off the spices for a few seconds.
- Add the beef mince. Fry for a couple of minutes then crumble in the beef stock and add the sugar. Stir everything together. Once the beef is browned pour in enough water to cover all the ingredients by about 1cm and bring to a simmer. Add a lid to the saucepan.
- Prepare the mash potatoes by adding the milk, crushed garlic, corriander leaf and butter to a large saucepan. Heat until the butter melts and stir through the milk. Add in the par boiled potatoes and using a potato masher mash until no lumps remain. Remove from the heat then blend further using a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). Check on the keema curry. Once thickened and reduced down remove from the heat. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then ladel into an oven proof dish. Spoon over the mashed potatoes. Smooth neatly over and right up to all edges so there's no gaps.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the top is light and golden and a thin crust had formed. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then eat and enjoy! :)
Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. First off, beans are great, and berries, especially blueberries. Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole grains and nuts. See to it that you consume proteins such as soya, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, and also orange fruits and veggies like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. By consuming these superfoods on a regular basis, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Following a green living diet plan will give you exactly what you need for good health. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food keema cottage pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!