Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, okonomiyaki. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. The batter is so simple-eggs, flour, baking powder, and good old S&P. If you cannot find the flour you can add a little seasoning salt to the flour to make it better.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook okonomiyaki using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Okonomiyaki:
- Take 1/10 th of a cabbage; shredded
- Make ready 1/4 th cup all-purpose Flour
- Prepare 1 tbsp Tapioca flour
- Make ready 1 egg
- Make ready 1/2 tsp hondashi seasoning
- Prepare Beni-shoga; diced (something pickled)
- Get Leftover rotisserie chicken; diced
- Prepare Seaweed; crumbled (or Aonori; if you have it)
- Prepare 2 stalks Green onion; diced
- Make ready Japanese mayo
- Get Okonomiyaki or Takoyaki sauce
- Get Dried bonito flakes (Katsuobushi)
- Prepare Sesame seeds
Steps to make Okonomiyaki:
- Mix the cabbage, flours, hondashi, chicken, beni-shoga, half of the green onions, and just enough water to make the batter come together. More cabbage > less batter.
- Traditionally, grated Nagaimo would create a bouncy texture; but I used Tapioca flour as a replacement. Should have the same gooey-ish consistency.
- In a wide, shallow pan over medium heat, pour in your batter and flatten to create a circle. Heat on both sides til lightly charred. Set on a plate.
- Here’s the fun part. Smother the okonomiyaki sauce around the pancake like pizza sauce.
- Drizzle the mayo
- Top with the seaweed and katsuobushi
- ..the rest of your green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Your daily diet have to have at least several of these super foods. Foods such as beans and berries are very good. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole food grains and nuts. Furthermore, you need to consume yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. When you eat these superfoods on a regular basis, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. Observing a green living meal plan will provide you with exactly what you need for good health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can potentially be free of disease. Prepare for an awesome future by changing your eating habits today.
This is an excellent dish but as stated before it is better with Okonomiyaki Flour which is seasoned. If you cannot find the flour you can add a little seasoning salt to the flour to make it better. Okonomiyaki is a Japanese cabbage pancake blanketed with toppings. The batter is so simple-eggs, flour, baking powder, and good old S&P. It's traditionally flavored with dashi, an essential. For the okonomiyaki batter: Whisk together the Okonomiyaki Flour Blend, water, eggs and salt in a large bowl. For serving: Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savory pancake containing a variety of ingredients. The name is derived from the word okonomi, meaning "how you like" or "what you like" or "favorite," and yaki meaning "grill." Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き, o-konomi-yaki) (listen (help · info)) is a Japanese savory pancake containing a variety of ingredients in a wheat-flour-based batter; it is an example of konamon (flour-based Japanese cuisine). The name is derived from the word okonomi, meaning "how you like" or "what you like", and yaki meaning "cooked" (usually fried). ). Okonomiyaki is one of Osaka's most famous dishes, which is a savoury style pancake usually consisting of flour, eggs, cabbage, pork belly and a selection of various toppings. However, as you travel throughout Japan, you will find that each region has a different style of okonomiyaki. Popular street food from Osaka, Japan, Okonomiyaki is a savory version of Japanese pancake, made with flour, eggs, shredded cabbage, and your choice of protein, and topped with a variety of condiments. Among all the Osaka specialty, Takoyaki (たこ焼き) and Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き) are most well-known. Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savoury pancake. It differs by region and this authentic recipe is the well known and mouth-watering Osaka okonomiyaki. Follow this easy savoury pancake recipe and also make your own okonomiyaki sauce, or simply purchase it from a local store. A healthy meal with simple vegetarian or vegan options. Okonomiyaki is a Japanese pancake stuffed with yummy goodness! 'Okonomi' means what you like and 'yaki' means grilled. The ingredients provided are the basic okonomiyaki recipe.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food okonomiyaki recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!