Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, turkey bone gumbo. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious. We promise it makes a nice alternative to hot turkey sandwiches. I always make too much gravy, vegetables and dressing so that these are planned leftovers. ¼ cup flour.
Turkey Bone Gumbo is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Turkey Bone Gumbo is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook turkey bone gumbo using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey Bone Gumbo:
- Prepare Gumbo
- Get 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup flour
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup chopped onions
- Get 1 cup chopped celery
- Prepare 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- Make ready to taste salt
- Make ready 1 tsp cayenne: more if you want hotter!
- Take 1 lb andouille sausage cut into 1/2 inch slices (may use kielbasa)
- Get 3 bay leaves
- Get 6 cup turkey stock
- Take 3-4 cups leftover turkey meat
- Take 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Make ready 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Prepare 1 tbsp file powder
- Get 2 cup cooked long grain white rice
Steps to make Turkey Bone Gumbo:
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, combine the oil and flour.
- stirring slowly and constantly for 20 to 25 minutes, make a dark brown roux; the color of chocolate.
- Add onions, celery, and bell peppers and continue to stir for 4-5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- Add sausage and bay leaves, continue to stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the turkey stock. Stir until the roux mixture and stock are well combined.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for one hour.
- Add turkey. Summer for 2 hours. Skim off any fat that rises to the surface.
- Remove from heat, stir in parsley and green onions.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve in deep bowls with rice.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Evidently, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
For my taste there is only one reason to eat turkey on Thanksgiving and that is the opportunity to have a turkey carcass and leftovers for making Turkey Bone Gumbo. I always make too much gravy, vegetables and dressing so that these are planned leftovers. ¼ cup flour. Left over turkey makes a great gumbo. We promise it makes a nice alternative to hot turkey sandwiches. Turkey bone gumbo, Thanksgiving gumbo or Turkey Carcass Gumbo - no matter the name you use, it is a great way to transform at least one of your Thanksgiving leftovers into a whole 'nother meal. I always look forward to post Thanksgiving Turkey Bone Gumbo, which is a wonderful way to utilize the meat, carcass, and in my. Turkey bone gumbo is Louisiana's way of extending the gratitude which flowed forth on Thrifty and a wise use of resources, turkey bone gumbo starts with a marvelous stock produced by simmering. Turkey Bone Gumbo recipe: Try this Turkey Bone Gumbo recipe, or contribute your own. * Note: See the "Turkey Bone Stock" recipe which is included in this collection. Ted keeps the tradition of simple food that tastes good alive and well. Turkey Gumbo is usually made from the broth you make from the leftover turkey after carving it up on a holiday. If you don't make gumbo the next day, you can always save it in your. First of all, I should have used less water to cook the turkey carcass. I ended up with more than twice. This is my gluten-free take on my dad's holiday classic "Day-After Turkey Bone Gumbo." See more ideas about Turkey gumbo, Gumbo, Gumbo recipe. This Smoked Turkey and Sausage Gumbo is a family tradition and uses leftover Thanksgiving turkey or smoked turkey from our favorite. Rich with homemade turkey bone broth, andouille sausage and a dark roux base. Pableaux Johnson of The Red Beans Road Show shares his personal gumbo recipe. As the name implies, turkey gumbo is made with turkey. First you take the carcass and boil it up And this is why I think that turkey gumbo is so popular. While there's nothing finer than a turkey.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food turkey bone gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!