Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, rhubarb and apple chutney. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook rhubarb and apple chutney using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Rhubarb and Apple Chutney:
- Get 150 g rhubarb
- Prepare 100 g green cooking apples
- Take 100 g red onion
- Get 120 ml balsamic vinegar
- Make ready 100 g sugar
- Make ready 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Get 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1/2 tsp paprika
- Take 50 g sultanas
Instructions to make Rhubarb and Apple Chutney:
- Roughly dice the rhubarb, apple and red onion into 1cm x 1cm pieces and place into a large saucepan
- Except from the sultanas add all the other ingredients to the pan and bring to the boil on a high heat
- Then turn the heat down and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the chutney sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Next add the sultanas and simmer for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove from the heat and leave in the pan to cool
- Once cooled place the chutney into jars and keep in the fridge until you're ready to use them
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. While you may already consume lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. All in all, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food rhubarb and apple chutney recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!