Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, turkey day pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have turkey day pot pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey Day Pot Pie:
- Make ready 2 pie crust, store bought or homemade
- Take 1 Acorn squash
- Get 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Get salt and pepper
- Get 1 Turkey, leftover from t-day and cubed
- Make ready 1 can green beans
- Take 1 medium white onion, chopped
- Make ready 1 14oz jar of Alfredo Sauce
- Take 1 tsp thyme
- Make ready 1 tsp Sage
Steps to make Turkey Day Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 400. Peel and cubed squash. In a bowl, mix squash and oil until coated. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Spread squash onto a parchment paper cover cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a large bowl. When squash is roasted, add them to the mixture. Gently stir, coating squash.
- Put a layer of pie dough into a greased pie pan. Fill with mixture and cover with the second pie dough. Put 6 slits in the top dough.
- Cover the edges of dough with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove foil and bake for 15 minutes more or until done.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently eat plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time. Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food turkey day pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!