Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, thanksgiving leftovers pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have thanksgiving leftovers pot pie using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie:
- Make ready 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Make ready 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Make ready 1/2 cup milk
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup leftover turkey gravy
- Make ready 2 cup leftover turkey - roughly chopped
- Prepare 2/3 cup frozen peas and carrots mix (or any leftover veggies you may have, cut to 1/4in. dice)
- Take 2 cup to 4 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- Prepare 1 cup leftover stuffing/dressing
Instructions to make Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9in round deep dish pie plate or a deep sided 8x8in square casserole dish. Press cold, leftover stuffing/dressing into the bottom and slightly up the sides to form a bottom "crust". Bake in oven for 5 min. Remove and set aside (leave oven on).
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter when hot. When melted whisk in flour. Cook about 2 minutes to make a nice golden roux. Add milk, whisking to combine and keep from clumping. Stir in leftover gravy and veggies. Bring to a simmer for about 2 minutes to heat through. Turn off heat, add leftover turkey and stir gently to combine.
- Reheat mashed potatoes in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes in microwave, or until just heated through so they will be easier to work with.
- Gently pour filling into stuffing crust. Starting at the edges, dollop mashed potatoes in several little mounds all over the top. I actually have a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop that works perfectly for this, and makes the cutest little mounds of potato. You could even use a star tip on a piping bag. Get fancy with it!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown. Remove from oven. Let rest 5 - 10 minutes and enjoy a simple and easy day after Thanksgiving meal!
- Optional: remove from oven at 20 minutes, top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to turn golden brown.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. Evidently, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food thanksgiving leftovers pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!